Chapter 8

Despite Mike and I telling Bill that the gun wasn't loaded, he put it up to the clown's face and pulled the trigger.

There was a quiet click and partial of the clown's face began to float up into the air. Suddenly, it lashed out and grabbed Bill.

"Bill," I yelled. "Let him go."

"No. I'll have him. I'll have all of you," the clown replied with a raspy voice. "Or, I'll just keep him. Just him, and you all can go on to lead happy lives until old age takes you back to the weeds."

"Go," Bill commanded. "I brought you into this, so go. Please."

I shook my head. "No. I'm not leaving you. I shouldn't have abandoned you after I lost Georgie. I'm not going to to that again."

"Henry, take her. Get her out of here. Keep her safe."

"I told you, Bill. I fucking told you," Richie stated. "I don't want to die. It's your fault. You made me walk through shitty water, you brought me to a crackhead house, you almost got your sister killed, and now..." he grabbed a metal pole, "I'm gonna kill this fucking clown." He ran at the clown. "Welcome to the Losers Club, asshole!" He hit the clown in the face, getting Bill free of Its grasp. Everyone took turns hitting the clown.

I grabbed a sharp metal stick and walked up to it while it was on it's knees. It's face turned into Henry's. He had cuts and bruises all over his face and a bullet hole in his forehead. I closed my eyes and stabbed the metal stick all the way through the clown's throat. "Go back to the deepest parts of Hell. Say hi to Lucifer for me." I backed away, watching as it was pulled into a dark hole.

It was hanging on with the tips of his fingers. "Fear," It whispered before losing its grip and falling into the hole.

I smiled and ran into Henry's arms. "We did it."

"We did." He kissed my forehead. "We're all safe."

I looked over at the pile of toys, seeing a familiar yellow raincoat. I dropped to my knees and picked it up, holding it close to my chest.

I felt someone kneeling down next to me and wrapped their arms around me. "It's okay." Henry whispered. Let's get you home."

I nodded, standing up. "Okay."

Time Skip

I laid with Henry on his bed. The police had just left, Oscar's death ruled an accident. I looked up at Henry, meeting his eyes.

"What?" I asked, noticing that he had been staring at me.

"Nothing. I just felt like staring at something beautiful."

I smiled. "I love you."

"I love you too."

"Why me? Out of everyone in the school, you chose me. Why?"

"Because you're beautiful. You're kind when you're happy. You're mean when you're angry. You're strong." He moved so he was on top of me. "And you're incredibly sexy."

I smirked. "I'd beg to differ."

"Why is that?"

I flipped us over so I was straddling his waist. "You're way sexier."