❃Behind This Mask❃

Some time in August of 1959

John... John Lennon.

He was fearless. Full of life. Daring.

Cigarettes, switchblades, slicked back hair... leather. A popular teddy-boy among the crowd. He was a common thief of the city's good young girls.

At least, that's what she thought of him.

Young go-getter John. The player. The liar. The well-known cheat. Betting money and getting whatever he wanted. Used to getting whatever he wanted. That is, until she waltzed in.

Into the sculpting room, that is.

John spent most of his class time wasting it. Dawdling and doodling in the back of the room. He always wanted to feel tough though, so he always hid such doodles from his "friends." It never took long for the boy to realize they only associated with him for his "bad"reputation.

(Y/n) spent most of her class-time actually trying to learn. Being forced to sit next to John, she also had to learn how to deal with his antics. Bits of clay being flicked onto her side of the desk, tripping over his leg, and if Lennon was feeling like a bit more of a jackass than usual, he would copy everything she'd say or do in a mocking sort of way. These were just a few of the immeasurable "perks" of attending the same art college as John.

Yet for some odd reason, which one may call teenage-idiocy in this case, these things never really deterred the girl.

Sure she acted annoyed with him most of the time, but she figured that deep down, there must have been some actual sense personality in there, other than being the all around clown of class. Not classy.

(Y/n) knew he must have a reason to act in such ways, for she was told to always think about the person behind the actions. The calm behind (and before) the storm.

John had weaknesses, flaws. He had to, (Y/n) was sure he had to. She just had to find out exactly what they were, and try to understand where he was coming from. He had a mask, and she just wanted to see the true colors of the actor wearing it.

Although she'd hate to admit it, the girl felt bad for him. Everyone painting him as some know-it-all badass, forcing him to act that way forever. What if Johnny here really wanted to be a florist? A baker? Then what?

She had become infatuated with him.

(Y/n) wanted to get to the bottom of it. She decided to befriend John. Tear down his walls, or tunnel through it. Pull back some curtain, she didn't care how. He was alone, and she wanted to, needed to stop it. Find something. Anything.

Besides, being annoyed with the same old tricks had to get boring at some point. Maybe all she wanted was a change of pace. Something with highs and lows, maybe some things in between. Maybe she wanted John.

d r a m a t i c w r i t i n g o o p s

Hopefully you guys liked it tho :]

The picture is of Liverpool College of Art. I do not own the pictures, I only edited them.

(Originals on the left with my edits on the right

(Originals on the left with my edits on the right.)