❃Hurting And Healing❃

Back to wherever Lennon ran off, 1960

Almost screeching to a halt, John stopped in front of the house and wiped off his shoes on the plain doormat below him. Although she would have been delighted to see him, he really didn't want the first words out of her mouth to be how he tracked mud into the home.

He took out the key from his pocket, which he kept close to him while in Hamburg, and unlocked the door. He felt excitement surge through his fingertips while his breath did its best to catch up to him.

It creaked slightly, which alerted Mimi from the living room. She was in the middle of a good book, but she would have put anything down to see John right then and there.

John stood across from her, brows furrowed and smiling. All teeth. The whole shebang.

"I've missed your shenanigans, you know," Mimi said, the corners of her mouth turning up, mirroring John's positive expression.

"Who hasn't!" John said, doing a bit. He was so glad to finally be home. But the thought of (Y/n) lingered in the back of his mind while the two talked.

At the same time, George was walking home. It was getting a bit late, and pretty dark, but he didn't care. The young man had grown up through these streets, and was quite accustomed to its rougher edges.

As he approached the house, he saw someone leaning up against it.

It was Paul, face showing concern and shoes showing impatience as he tapped them against the pavement with a pinch of panic and a dash of worry.

"Finally! I've been waiting for what feels like forever! I tried calling and calling but I ran out of pennies and nobody answered!" Paul's voice escalated with each sentence.

"What's wrong? Did something happen to (Y/n)?" George asked the older boy.

"You'll need a ciggy for this one, Geo."

It was getting late, but Paul caught George up with everything that happened.

"Well, does John know?" George inquired.

"John's here?" Paul lit up, brighter than igniting a match in the pale moonlight they were engulfed in.

Neither of them were sure what time it was, but they had to tell John. The poor boy, he already knew about the crash, which he felt absolutely awful about. He had really wanted to make it up to her, but with (Y/n) in the hospital, and it being so late, he'd have to wait just a few more hours.

George and Paul ran over to John's. Man, they really needed a car or a bike or something. They stood outside his window, pelting tiny pebbles at the corner of the window. If Mimi caught them, they thought that she would have none of it, but as it was an emergency, maybe it would be okay.

Downstairs, Mimi knowingly let the boys do this. Maybe if they knocked on the door once she would let them in, she thought.

After a few agonizing minutes, John appeared at the window.

"What the hell are you guys doing!" he whispered, looking confused.

"It's (Y/n)!" the younger boys exclaimed in unison, suddenly realizing they were trying to be quiet.

John's face fell, he looked pale, even in the dark light of the night sky.

"Don't worry, it's good news," Paul said.

Suddenly, the front door opened.

"Oh would you boys just come in already," Mimi commented. "Practically the whole neighborhood can hear you!"

George and Paul shuffled into the house, racing to get up the stairs. Once John knew what was going on, he could barely hold himself together.

"She's alive! She's alive, but she knows what I did, oh lord she knows what I did! How do I make it up to her, can I even make things right between us? Is there even a chance I could win her back?" he went on, tangent after tangent.

George and Paul did their best to calm him down, and they formed a plan. Paul could invite (Y/n) to a secret spot where not too many people were, George could take her to where the actual meeting spot would be as John set it up, and then they could talk. But, it would have to have a welcoming, fresh atmosphere, maybe some nice foliage or a garden of sorts.

A picnic would be wonderful! A simple yet sweet romantic outing where they could talk and be alone from the world, with just each other, maybe they could work things out.

John had the perfect idea of where to go.

The picture is of the kitchen of John Lennon's childhood home, known as Mendips after the Mendip Hills. I do not own the pictures, I only edited them.