❃A Home Half Empty❃

Some time in December of 1960

And so they sat at that bench, sun finally setting for the night.

"Paul's with her as of now, but I haven't been at home, so if he's called..." the younger man continued, "We haven't got a clue as to how she's doing..."

John was appalled. Not once did he interrupt George until now.

"I can't believe it...We have to go see her!" he exclaimed.

But visiting hours ended, and they'd have to wait until morning. They said their goodbyes and John walked dejectedly over to his house.

But, it was his house. He picked up the pace in order to get there sooner after realizing. How could he have been such an idiot? Sure he couldn't see (Y/n) now, but what about Aunt Mimi?

He went from dawdling about to running, as if he were the flicker of a burning candle.

At the same time at the hospital

Paul held her hand, feeling it get colder. He needed to step out and collect himself for just a minute. The green hallway reeked of cigarette smoke, which reminded him of something to do to pass the time. Paul and George has been switching off time to check up on her every couple days. It had only been two weeks, but something could happen any day now.

He was only gone for a minute, and it was a poor minute to miss out on. A poor minute one unlucky nurse had the displeasure of experiencing. The brand new vitals monitor showed a slowing heart rate.

Paul came back into the room, mind suddenly filling with guilt and grief.

The hospital bed was cold. The nurses prepared to remove her body to make room for the next one. A few seconds passed, then a few minutes.

Paul was sat next to her, tears rolling down his face, he had to tell someone, but he thought John was back in Hamburg, and George could have been anywhere. Still, he had to call the boys.

Worst of all, visiting hours would be over in a few minutes.

Suddenly, the young girl moved. Sure it was gradual, just a twitch of her hand, but movement meant life, and life meant something.

The girl woke up, a surge of adrenaline rushing to her brain as she clutched the nearest breathing thing.

"John!" she was panicking.

Her eyesight cleared from the blur she was trapped in and focused on the concerned face in front of her. It was Paul.

"(Y/n)! Are you alright?" he replied anxiously. "I'm so sorry-I-I stepped out for a minute and you stopped b-breathing, and I-I just couldn't believe it I was absolutely mortified-"

"It's fine! I'm fine!" she exclaimed, looking slightly pained, glancing down at the hand at her side.

Paul was squeezing her hand a bit to hard now, he realized and softened his grip.

"Sorry."

"Not a problem, Paul, It's alright... Wait, If you're here, where's John?"

"He's still in Hamburg, but George is here, we've been checking on you to make sure you were alright. Speaking of him, I need to call him and tell him you woke up!"

"Oh... well can I come too?"

"I'm afraid you'll have to stay here until the doctor says you're free to go. You've been in a coma for weeks..."

"Oh."

"Visiting hours are over," a nurse said monotonously. "And you," she said, looking at (Y/n), "need to lie down. You'll be able to leave tomorrow morning."

"She's been lying down couldn't you tell?" Paul tried to make light of the situation.

(Y/n) giggled, and Paul winked jokingly.

"There's the (Y/n) I know! George and I'll visit early tomorrow, alright?" he gave the girl's hand a light squeeze and smiled, all gentleman-like, picking up his coat and hat from the rack by the door.

Now Paul really had to call them. He vanished from the girl's sight as the nurse administered some light painkillers. She fell asleep, peacefully this time.

honestly where are their parents... they're always out so late skjdksjdj they need a bike or something

The picture is of John Lennon's childhood home, known as Mendips after the Mendip Hills. I do not own the pictures, I only edited them.