1.

I was scared. I didn't know much but I knew I was scared. I let Dea take over our body while I thought a little. Why was I scared so much? I was running away, but running away from what? I looked down at my snow white furry paws trying to speed up. I was so confused when I saw it. Another one, just like me only bigger and darker. In contarst to my white, he was black. And he looked angry. He was running towards me and I felt Dea sigh in relief.

What the hell? You suicidal bitch? You wanna kill us both?!

She didn't answer me though, she gets offended easily. And as I got distractted he was getting ready to jump at me. I gulped.

**************

"Wake up Nora! Honey, we're here!" I felt my aunt Gemma nudge me a little. I looked around only to see a house. My parents' house. I should remember it, but I don't. I should feel something, but I don't. Over the years I got quite numb. I never met my family. My mom and my dad. My aunt told me I used to live here with them but since they died before I even turned 1, I can't remember a thing. Gemma on the other hand, she was my family, my everything. She raised me as her own and I looked up at her. But I had to be careful even around her. Not even she knew my secret, and I was determined to keep it that way. I don't want her to look at me the way I look at myself, I was a monster, and I knew it. The best thing for everyone was just to stay on a safe distance from me.

Snapping out of my thoughts I looked around. We moved to a small town north from Washington. Everything, and I mean everything, was woods. Forest basically swallowed our new home. But I didn't complain. That way I could let Dea run everyday. Dea is my other half, literally. She just showed up one day in my head and never left. That was the first time it happened. The change. Shrugging off that thought I got out of the car and helped Gemma carry the bags. I could of course carry a lot more than her but I remained careful around her, not wanting to draw any attention to my surprising strength.

We walked into a small hallway that lead in. On the left was our new living room and on the right was the kitchen. Behind the stairs there was small bathroom for guests. Once we got upstairs There were 2 bedrooms with bathrooms in each. Sweet. I get my own space. I slowly opened the door to my new room. Gemma made sure to remove the crib and baby stuff from it before we got here. She knew that would upset me, unfortunately she didn't know that I heard that conversation with the person who got rid of it so I knew.

I looked around. There was big king sized bed in the middle of the room. It had black silk bedding which I was thankful to my aunt for, once you try it there's simply no going back to regular bedding. Across the room there was big walk in closet, pitty that I didn't really dress up for anything, again with the drawing attention thing but it's better this way. And besides, all the amazing clothes I own, I'll wear them once hopefully. It was silly but I was still hoping that one day I will be able to stop worrying about everything that could go wrong. I just wanted to let loose. Be a normal teenager. But I knew that there's a thin chance for that.

There was also just a plain desk in the corner with a lamp on it. I looked to my left and saw a door. Hell yeah! I basically ran up to the door and opened it. My own bathroom! It was huge and amazing. I smiled to myself as I finally let down my bags.

Once I unpacked most of my clothes it was already getting dark. I sighed to myself and looked at the time. 19:34. Okay so Gemma will be asleep by 22:00 and then it's go time. I couldn't wait to go for a run in these woods behind my house, I haven't stretched out my paws in quite a while. And besides I need it to calm me down before school tomorrow. Yes, my dear aunt Gemma is so cruel to make me go to school tomorrow even tough we just came here, but it's the first day of this school year so I get it, it'll make me feel less weird then just randomly popping in in the middle of a semester. But then again, if you ask me I wouldn't go to school at all. The only thing that comforts me is the fact that I only have one more year of school and that's it then.

"Nora! The pizza is here!" It only takes that much. Three words. And I bolted off downstairs like a hungry pup. I would be so easy to kidnap.

That's cause you're a freakin' pig!

Dea retorted answering my thoughts.

Hush there!

I didn't feel like arguing with her so that's all I said. I sat down watching Gemma as she approached the kitchen with pizza in her hands. I grinned happily. Easily said, I devoured the pizza as Gemma watched me, amusment sparkling in her eyes. What? A girl's gotta eat. Especially with the amount of exercise I go through on a daily basis. In the morning I would usually go for a run and then do some boxing in the backyard. Not to mention the runs Dea and I take.

After joking around with Gemma for a bit after our dinner we both agreed it's time for bed. I waited patiently until I was sure she was asleep. Once I was sure I got out of my bed and walked over to my closet. I took out some sweats and a hoodie and changed into those. I didn't even bother putting on shoes as my excitement grew. Man, I loved to run. I was about to leave my room when I thought popped up in my mind. I changed my mind and turned around walking up to my window. I looked around outside. I had no problem with getting out but how will I get back up? To my happiness just then I noticed a big old tree right beside my window. Brilliant!

I didn't waste a single moment after that and without a single doubt I just jumped out of the window. Of course I landed on my feet, like a cat. Or a ninja. At times like these, I really enjoyed myself and my true being. And when I got far enough into the woods and stripped out of my clothes leaving them in a pile by a tree I felt it. I felt Dea taking over and when I became my big, furry, white self, I felt free. Amazing. And when I started to run, I just couldn't help it but to think that I can't really be a monster. How can something so amazing be monsterous. Just as I was running, I could sense my heartbeat slow down and my mind clear up. At that moment I felt grateful for this curse I was born with.

Okay sooo heeey there! I'm really excited to be starting this journey with y'all! I won't make this author's note long but I really do hope that you liked the first chapter. If you did please make sure to vote and leave me a comment! That would really make my day!

Until next time!

xxxx C