5.

My dread of going to school the next day only grew bigger and bigger. Now sitting in my car I tried my best to stay calm.

I wanted to go for a run this morning because I couldn't sleep but for some reason I couldn't shift. That only helped my anxiety grow even more. I was tired, grumpy, hungry and I looked like a mess. Just an average day as a high school student. 

I got out of my truck and tried smelling the air without looking like complete freak. Luckily, there wasn't a sign of cinnamon and pine trees so I relaxed for the smallest bit. At least I have a few more minutes of peace.

As I was getting my books I felt a presence behind me. Here we go.

I slowly turned around still looking at the floor. Someone cleared their throat. I lifted my gaze and saw a warm pair of green eyes.

"... So... I was thinking, I know you kinda have this whole I'm a loner, don't talk to me cause I might kick your bum reputation to keep up with but, I would really like it if we could have lunch in the cafe today. Like really really. Like, a lot." A huge, gigantic rock fell off my chest and I couldn't help but smile. I was so worried that things would be awkward between us after yesterday, and that I would have to confront that guy again so seeing a smiling Stella made me feel relieved. 

"Okay." I gave in. After yesterday the least I can do for her is go to a stupid cafe. How bad can it be honestly. "But if that weird guy comes, you little missy are gonna hide me."

"Promise I'll keep all of your soothers away, with a bat." She says and winks at me. We start walking to class. "How do you even know Noah?"

"Noah? That's his name?" She nods. "Well, I don't know him. During my free period yesterday I stumbled upon him. And he hugged me. And I kinda ran off. Like, who does that? Stranger danger." I laugh lightly as I gave her a short version of the story, trying to avoid the fact that I kinda liked the hug, and secretly desired for it to happen again. 

"That is kind of freaky, but then again, I wouldn't really complain if he felt the need to hug me. Just imagine those big arms around you." She looked a little dazed so I nudged her lightly and laughed. 

"You can have him if you want to." I joked but still felt a pang of pain in my heart. I didn't want to be with him, but I also didn't want anyone else to be with him, you feel me?

"Nah, he's not my type..." She said slowly.

"And who is?" I lifted my eyebrow at her and she blushed. "Oooohhh Stella's got a crush on someone! Spill the beans chocolate fudge!" She looked at me dead in the eyes and then burst out laughing.

"Spill the beans... chocolate fudge?" She asked in between laughs. I grinned at that. 

"Yeah, words sometimes just leave my mouth real fast." I gave her a shy smile and shrugged my shoulders. "But don't change the subject missy, who is it?"

"Okay so, your boy Noah has a friend. A really cute friend. Like really cute one." She blushed and it was honestly adorable. "His name is Eddie."

We take our seats by the window and keep talking about Eddie for the rest of the class. The way she describes him makes me feel a tiny bit jealous. It must be nice to be able to just have a crush on someone, go on dates, fall in love. Do the normal things. But nothing about me is ordinary so normal never really was an actual option. 

Stella also tells me about Noah a little. Him and his family moved here a few years ago, about the same time Eddie did so since both of them were the new kids they became best friends. They are actually quite different. Noah has a wave of mystery around him, he leaves a bad boy vibe behind him and he never had a girlfriend. Apparently there's a rumor out there that he never even had his first kiss with someone. Stella doesn't believe that though. She also says he comes off as really cocky. Makes sense. There's a big group of guys that just want to be near him, they call him the Alpha. Girls do too but they probably mean it in a different way. If not Alpha, they call him King. That's apparently his last name. Almost no one calls him Noah. And they say he comes off as cocky... a guy that is a so called Alpha, King. Can't figure out why they would think that. Note the sarcasm.

I got so caught up with the story I didn't even notice that lunch was over. Stella waved at me and left me alone in the cafe. Okay maybe not completely alone but still. There were a few students here who probably had a spare like me. 

The cafe was really awesome. And they had doughnuts. Yummy ones. I noticed that things in here were mostly orange. It made the whole place seem cozy. 

I was devouring another doughnut when someone approached me. I looked up and saw a blonde dude with green eyes.

"Hi, I'm Eddie. You must be Nora, the new girl." Eddie, oh. Ohhhhh, Eddie. Wait what did Stella say again? Flirty, funny, open, cute, adorable blah blah blah... Okay, so now I'm gonna meet the nice one of the dynamic duo. He looked at me strangely. Oh, so I'm staring. Great, he'll think I'm a weirdo now.

"Yeah, I'm Nora." I mumbled looking at my doughnut longingly. How rude would it be if I still took it and ate it in front of him. Well, not as rude as interrupting someones lunch. I grabbed it and stuffed my face. You only live once. He chuckled at me and I tried to grin as much as I could.

"Can I sit?" Oh why the hell not, I'm living on the edge with these doughnuts already. I nodded my head. "So you're definitely something..." He said and laughed lightly again. I swallowed the last piece and smiled.

"Yeah I guess you can say it like that too." We talked a little and joked around, everything was going fine until...

"You're nothing like a raging bitch, Noah was so wrong." After those words left his mouth I froze. He stiffened a bit too as if he noticed what he has just said.

"Who's Noah?" I choked out trying to sound calm and collected. Failing miserably at it but still, I get points for trying right?

"He... well he... yeah he's a.. uhm..." I lifted my eyebrows at that. Yup, Noah's definitely a uhm. 

"He's sorry for what happened yesterday, he knows he scared you. But honestly like, you didn't have to be so mean to him." Something clicked in me.

"He knows he scared me? I was mean to him? Oh poor baby, I'm so sorry I hurt his little feelings. Oh no, not that, more like his ego. If he's so sorry why is he not here apologizing then? Probably cause he'd actually have to grow a pair to do that!" I yelled standing up. The last thing I need right now is someone telling me how mean I was to a person who didn't deserve it. I know that! But I also didn't deserve this curse, and yet here we are.

"Wow, I take it back. You are a raging bitch." He said slowly. I have to admit I saw a glimpse of fear in his eyes but then it was replaced by his usual look of mischief. "King always had a thing for the crazy ones..." I was at a loss of words by now. Rage was filling me up. Raging bitch huh? Probably true. I just grabbed my stuff and rushed out. I was supposed to go under the radar this year, so much for sticking with the plan.

Okay, sooo long time no see. I was busy since school is starting soon and there were so many things I needed to cross off of my bucket list hehe

Anywayss first impressions of Eddie? Thoughts? Let me know in the comments and if you liked this chapter please vote, don't be a silent reader hehe

Until next time,

xxxx C