2.

I don't know how I did it but somehow I was dressed and ready to go. Must've been walking in my sleep. I was so tired. Last night when I came back from my run I fell asleep like a baby. But then it all went south. I had a nightmare, the same one I've been having for weeks now. It's about that creature, just like me, and someone running after me. I woke up breathing very heavy and all sweaty. After that I just couldn't go back to sleep. I finally dazed off 15 minutes before my alarm went off. Just my luck.

Even though it's the first day I didn't put any effort to my appearance. Just some plain black leggings and a grey hoodie. I put my mahogany hair in a messy ponytail. Basically my hair naturally was this weird shade where you can't really tell if it's brown or red. I've been thinking for a while now to dye it to a chocolate brown or something like that but Gemma won't let me. She says that my hair colour is such a rare thing to see especially for someone who has it naturally and that I'm lucky I'm not stuck with an ordinary hair color.

Little does she know all I ever wanted was to be ordinary, but not even my hair cooperates. Make up is a no so I just brushed my teeth, grabbed a banana and my lunch, kissed Gemma for a goodbye and got out of the door. Before I didn't want a car, I mean don't get me wrong I start to drool when I see a nice one but I didn't really see a point in it. I usually went to school by bus which also makes blending in easier. But here, they don't even have a bloody bus so I had to get a car. Gemma wanted me to get a stunning black Range Rover. I of course said no. Not only would it draw attention but I couldn't let her pay for something that expensive. Then she talked to a friend who lives here and apparently her friend had a truck he wanted to sell. So here I am standing in front of another beauty. A navy blue truck.

After I pulled up in the parking lot I stayed in for a few moments just collecting my pieces. This is going to be okay. This won't be like before. This time I know what I'm capable of and will keep an eye on it. This time I have a chance of living an ordinary life. This time, I won't let anyone in too close. I breathed in, picked up my bag and slowly opened the door. I let out a breath that I was holding in and start walking towards the entrance.

I kept breathing very slowly praying to every god there is that I will be able to find the main office quickly. I looked around. Just like any other school, down the hall there are lockers, on my left there are stairs that lead up somewhere and to my relief, there was a line of students to my right which led me to believe that that is the main office and that they are all waiting to get their class schedules.

I quietly joined the line and kept my gaze down. I knew if I don't make any eye contact no one will feel welcomed to talk to me. The line was moving rather slowly but I didn't mind. Better stand here than sit alone in the class, all exposed. The entrance door was open so the chilly wind from the outside was getting inside. It also brought voices from the outside, but I blocked them. My hearing isn't anything super unnatural but it is a little bit better than your average hearing. I turned around when all of a sudden the wind brought something else. A scent. I don't know why but the scent was just calming me down and driving me crazy all at once. It was filling up my head until I felt dizzy.

Who is that?

I hope to know the answer but I have no idea.

I felt sick in my stomach, nervous and very dizzy when someone pushed me and got me out of my little trance.

"Move!" A harsh voice behind me said. I looked in front of me and saw that the line moved quite a bit, it was gonna be my turn in less than a minute. I mumbled an apology and stepped into the office.

The lady behind the desk sent me a small smile. A perk of a small town, and believe there aren't many perks, is that almost everyone is warm and polite. Everyone is close. They don't really have many new people coming, but tehnically I'm not really new. But still they don't know me and they are all nice.