i think we just lost

"Kennedy, I need you to promise me

          "Kennedy, I need you to promise me."

     Not long after Strange's ominous declaration, the group of heroes had worked together to devise a plan of some sort, knowing that the mad Titan was not far off from arriving on their planet. Most everyone was already in their positions, Star Lord hiding behind a large rock formation, Strange waiting in plain sight on steps, Peter perched, hidden from view of the small flat plain they knew Thanos would arrive on, everyone was in positions except for the Stark's. Instead, the father daughter duo stood together in the center of everything, alone as Tony, full of fear, approached his daughter.

     "Promise me," repeated Tony, his voice shaking slightly. "Promise me you'll stay safe, okay? Promise me you'll come out of this alive, okay?"

     "Dad," murmured Kennedy softly.

     "No, you listen to me, Kennedy Stark," Tony's hands were shaking as he unsteadily brushed a lock of her hair out from her face. "You stay alive and get home after this, okay? Fridge and Darcy need you, Pepper needs you, I — " he cut off, swallowing thickly. "I need you."

          "Stark's!" Strange called out from the steps, sounding more than displeased with himself for having to interrupt the moment that everyone was watching. "He's coming."

     "I'll be fine," Kennedy said softly, holding onto one of his hands. "Dad, don't worry."

     "He is almost here," Strange called out, sounding more impatient. "I can almost feel his presence.

     "Promise me, Kennedy," Tony said lowly, his voice thick with unaired sobs. "Kennedy, you have to promise me."

     "Stark's!"

     "Dad, I promise," Kennedy had a slight smile tugging at her lips as she gazed upwards at her dad. "Don't worry, okay? We're going to be fine, there's nothing we can't handle. We'll be fine -- I promise."

      "Stark's!"

     Touching his daughters cheek fondly one last time, the Iron Man mask slowly rebuilt over Tony's face before he darted away into the air, disappearing into his hiding spot. Unmoving, Kennedy felt shaken as she became invisible with the help of her suit, stepping to the side of the arena of ruins her breathing labored. When she first woke up that morning... she had never ever thought that she would be on a planet called Titan in the middle of space getting ready to risk her life against the most powerful man in the universe while the fate of the universe hung in the balance, resting directly on her shoulders.

     A gaping black hole filled with sparkling blue specks suddenly burst open in midair. Her eyes wide, Kennedy watched as Thanos himself entered.

     He was humongous. Towering over nearly everything, he had a violent shade purple skin which stood out among the dust and disaster of the planet of Titan and wore dark armor with golden accents which shone as he lumbered forwards, power and yet a somewhat sorrowful emotion lurking in his eyes as he glanced around. On his one hand was a shining golden gauntlet, holding four Infinity Stone's encrusted upon the knuckles and even Kennedy could feel the raw power radiating off from them as his eyes swam with such pure and raw sadness, his gaze slowly trailing over the ruins of Titan.