•12•

Andrew's car rattled along a dirt path overlooking the lake, heading into the forest and away from civilization. I sat in the front with him and Lauren sat in the back, followed by Micah and Jacob in the car behind us. The sun was making its way high into the sky and the early morning breeze blew through the car as the radio spilled through the speakers. We drove along for several miles in silence, just enjoying the scenery around us until we arrived at our campsite. Andrew cut the engine and walked around to the trunk and we followed, smiling at Jacob and Micah as they pulled up behind us. Andrew pulled out our backpacks and handed them to us, shutting the tent and starting forward towards the clearing that would hold our campsite. Lauren walked next to me but her attention remained on the ground beneath her feet as she walked. When we finally arrived at the clearing, her jaw nearly dropped to the floor as she scanned the scene around us. The thick forest that surrounded us parted to reveal a shimmering lake on one side and a grassy meadow on the other, closing us in and cutting us off from reality.

"This is beautiful," she said quietly.

"Always has been," Andrew nodded, throwing his bags on the ground and pulling out the tent.

"Do you need help?" I asked.

"Nah, you two go ahead and explore," he dismissed. "Jacob and Micah will help me."

I dropped my bags on the ground by my feet and Lauren followed, walking with me to the cooler and pulling out two beers.

"Don't drink all the beer," Jacob groaned. "We have to make it last all weekend."

"Something tells me it won't even last the night," I chuckled, grabbing Lauren's wrist and pulling her along with me as I started forward.

We made our way down to the water's edge and I scaled the shore, carefully finding my way to a different clearing where we were out of earshot of the boys. I popped the tab off of my beer and tossed it back, chugging more than half of it and sitting it on the sand. I slipped my shirt over my head to reveal my bikini top as Lauren's eyes wandered my body and she raised her eyebrow curiously, taking a few sips of her drink and sitting it down next to mine.

"What are you doing?" she questioned.

"Swimming," I answered. "I figured we could try again since last night didn't work out very well."

"Is it safe?"

I slid my shorts down my legs and kicked them to the side, pushing past Lauren and stepping into the water. I turned around to face her and placed a hand on my hip, shifting my weight to one foot and scowling at her.

"You know, sometimes I forget that you were a prude before I met you, and then you say things like that and it all comes back to me," I told her.

"I'm not a prude," she insisted.

"Then get in the water."

"You know what, fine," she huffed. "But you can expect payback for making fun of me."

"Oh, I'm absolutely terrified," I teased, holding my hands out in front of me defensively.

She glared at me but pulled her shirt over her head, her stomach muscles bending and flexing with each movement. I was to the point where I didn't even bother trying to avert my eyes when she caught me staring. An opportunity like that was too good to pass up. She took off her shorts and folded them neatly, sitting them on top of a rock and stepping into the water just above her ankles. My eyes wandered her body blatantly and she raised her eyebrow curiously as she waded out to where I was standing.

"Can you only wear a bikini all the time, every day, for the rest of your life?" I smirked.

"I would, but you'd probably just end up taking it off," she countered.