8 | visitor

Day 3
9:00 am

I looked at the project brief on my hand then brought my gaze to my laptop and chew the insides of my mouth.

What will I do? How will I have the strong guts to send the email to them after what happened at their penthouse? The email that will change my whole life? The freaking email that will set me an appointment? How.

I'm only one click away. After what Clarisse told me about her project before, hours ago, she had hard time setting an appointment to them for an interview. Since they're practically into the client so much, they spent a month trying to get the guys attention and approval. They probably thought that they're not getting one so they proceeded with this. The second option. I'm the second option.

And I'm aware that I can't screw this up. I can't screw up even if this takes away my pride and dignity, I gotta set an appointment with them.

The pit of my stomach is tied like a knot. My toes crossed so brutally I thought they might break. My breath deep.  Black spots wrinkling against my already sunken eyes. Cups of coffee already coursing through my blood. I've been sitting for hours now I thought my butt grew numb.

I've been going through this all  night, debating whether to send the freaking email to them or not. How will they take me if I did? But in the brighter side I thought this is way better than talking and requesting to them personally.

Oh well, I'll just hit that button there then I'll get this over with.

Just like that, I hit send.

My tensed facade loosened up as I stood from the kitchen island and started prancing around like a monkey who got freed from  its cage for the first time. "YES! FINALLY!"

I'm having the time of my life! Fina-fucking-ly!

My excitement was cut by a bubbly ringtone. Someone must've sent me a message. I peeped into my blinking phone by the kitchen island only to see a familiar face. I swiped and saw a message coming from Jungkook.

Jungkook
Finally huh? 😅

I hesitated whether I'd answer it or not. I guess there's nothing wrong if I did.

Me
Finally what?

Jungkook
You finally sent the email.

My heart skipped a beat. I couldn't move my finger to reply to him. It beeped again.

Jungkook
Hey. You still there?

Me
Uh. Yeah. Sorry it took so long.

Jungkook
It's okay 😅

Me
Were you expecting it?

Damn. I mentally slapped my self. Oh my God, that wasn't a strong retort.

Jungkook
Do I sound like it? Lol

Me
Uh. No. Don't mind what I just said haha

Jungkook
No, it's cool. It's better this way.
If you don't mind, talking like this
is way better than being formal.

My eyes grew hot at what he just said. So does that mean, he won't bother being casual and outgoing when he's talking to me? Not that I'm exaggerating but I sort of feel free when I talk to him. He had that certain vibe.