13 | stop over

This chapter is dedicated to y'all readers hahaha. Anyway I_Dokyungsoo_12, here you go. I got you into my story huahua 👋😂

Vote vote vote guys 😍

---

"They're not my friends. They're my half brothers."

I managed to show an understanding facade and he just squeezed the steering wheel indicating that he's okay. He glanced at my way as I shook my train of thoughts away and I closed my eyes and looked outside the window.

What Jeon Jungkook said was his first step in letting me in and I guess that once I do get in, he can't close the portals anymore. I heard him sigh after what he said and the awkward silence is enveloping the ride, the gloomy clouds not giving away the tender probability of crying out its rain.

I noticed as how the noisy populated city of Seoul disappears from my sight as I watched through the rear view mirror that's threatening to be covered with vapor droplets. The tall buildings almost peeping through the road and soon was out of sight after a moderate turn.

Mass of different trees surrounded the road and I can't help but wonder how they are feeling. They look so tall, not bowing down no matter what the world do to them. I cringed as I see myself like them and I wondered how much will I have to go before I finally accept my father.

I sensed my throbbing heart and the pain just starts to drip in like water droplets one by one that eventually turns to rain. Range taking root and I feel my fist clasp to a ball as soon as I register the unwanted memories starting to flash in my already chaotic mind.

I'd never forgive him. I will be the trees; Tall and not bowing down no matter what life decides to throw at me.

"Hey Alex," Jungkook said and I whipped my attention back to him. "Do you miss Philippines?"

Come to think of it, it has been 4 days since I got here so technically hear myself reply, "No. Not really."

He sighed and smiled genuinely at me then his gaze returned back to the road. "I miss home."

I can sense longing in his voice.

"How long have you been since you got home in Busan?" I find myself asking back.

"Well.... A year and a half? Wait... A year and 7 months?" He questions himself then he chuckled, "To be honest, I lost count."

"Woah, how did you manage to stay away?"

"Work." He said.

It's a good thing I'll be going away from home in just a month. Truthfully, if I had to leave work for a year, I can't really imagine myself.

"It's a good thing you were here for work. If not, I'll be stuck in Seoul for who knows how long."

I furrowed my eyebrows. "Haven't other interviewers gone before me?"

He laughed. "Oh yes."

"Then? You would've gone to Busan just like what we're going now? Didn't Clarisse try to get appointments from you guys before?"

"Who's Clarisse?"

"Mr. Choi's secretary."

"Well. If truth be told, I don't like her. She feels like she's going to eat someone. Sheesh, she's too formal. Don't get me started on her stare."