Confessions of a Killer

"What's up?" my cousin asks, arching an eyebrow. No. I can't do this. It was a bad idea anyway. I meet eyes with Will, and then Nico. They nod at me to go on. Taking a deep breath, I speak, "There... there's something I have to tell you..." My lungs suddenly can't seem to hold enough air, but I continue anyway. "I'm not... alive anymore." Jason sits up straighter, eyes widening. "What?"

I avoid his eyes, and look down at the table where we first met. "I... am... dead." It comes out almost as quiet as whisper. I can feel him staring. Like a spotlight shining on me at the beginning of a dreaded performance. The room is silent, and I take it as a cue to continue speaking. "I've done such terrible things.... And loved every minute of it. I know it's wrong, but I can't stop myself. It's like oxygen and blood to me now," I choke out. Cold black tears fall from my eyes.

I look up, and see him trying to form words. He looks like he doesn't quite know what to say or do. Nico walks over to him, and places a hand on his shoulder. This seems to be what he needed. He clears his throat and looks me in the eyes. "What... have you done?" he asks, looking terrified, yet determined to know. I lean across the table slightly, and describe a few things in a whisper. A slow look of shock forms on his features, and I sit back.

"I- I can't really process this right now." He puts his hands over his face, and he leans back in his seat. "You should listen to what he has told me." Nico speaks up. Jason turns to face him, seemingly about to protest, but stops when he sees a pleading look on Nico's face. "Give him a chance. He just... It could be his last chance," the dark haired demigod requested thoughtfully.

Jason nods, and motions for me to continue. For about half an hour, I explain to him what I told Nico. When I finish, he puts his face in his hands, resting his elbows on the table. "I can, I think, give you a chance," he decides finally. "Thank you," I say gratefully. He nods, and frowns suddenly. "I don't know about Reyna, though... Or other people for that matter." He sighs, and rubs circles over his closed eyes. "Well, you should probably tell her sooner than later. That way, at least, she won't feel like you've been closing her out of the loop," Will suggests.

"Maybe. That makes sense." Jason looks at me for approval. I nod in agreement. I might as well rip off the band-aid. There's no sense in dragging this out. Nico leaves to go get her. The three of us who remain sit awkwardly in silence. Finally, after what seems like an eternity later, he returns with Reyna. She sits down, crossing her legs, and raises a brow at me. I sit there, nervous once more. This time, though, I'm nervous that she'll slice me up, rather than being nervous about not being accepted. "Well? If you've got something to say, say it," she persuades, straight to the point.

I lick my dry lips, and try to speak. "I-I uh, uh... I'm not alive, I'm dead, I'm a murderer, and please don't destroy me," I rush out, panicking. For a moment, there's complete silence. Then she stands up. "Reyna..." Jason begins. "Not a word, Grace," she says so coldly, that he gulps and freezes in his spot. Reyna stalks over to me, no one else daring to speak. I feel as though I'm looking at the destruction of the world, slowly approaching. Except, well, she's probably going to be my destruction.

She reaches where I sit, and I glance up, terrified. "I don't know who you are, or who you think we are... but all I know is that you're looking for a second chance, and for whatever reason, Jason here," She gestures at my newly discovered cousin. "trusts you, so I'm willing to trust you too," she finishes. Everyone relaxes, relieved that she's not going to kill anyone. "By the way, since none of you will say who started the food fight in the mess hall, you're all cleaning it up."