Part 3: The Day Of

Luigi goes back to the post office to see Parakary.

Luigi: Hey, you did deliver that letter, right?

Parakary: Yeah, they came by last night to ask where to go, I told them it was at your house. So they said they'd be there at 12:35, right when the party starts.

Luigi: Thanks Parakary, I'm glad I asked.

Luigi leaves and goes back home to prepare for later. When he enters the house, he sees Mario already eating the cake.

Luigi: No. Stop it. Stop it. Ok?

Mario: It's my birthday! So Mario can eat it.

Luigi: No, it's for the party!

Mario: NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Luigi: Stop the sad music and put the cake back where you found it.

Mario: Mama-mia

A few hours go by of Luigi keeping Mario from ruining the cake and the decorations. Eventually, 12:30 rolls around, and Mario is sitting at the table, waiting for the guest to walk in so he can eat his cake. 4 minutes later, there is a knock on the door.

Mario: OOOOOO! Mario can almost eat his cake!

Luigi opens the door, and as soon as the guest walks in, without looking as to who it is, he starts to eat the cake slice by slice.

Luigi: Mario, aren't you gonna greet your only guest?

Mario looks up from the cake that now has one slice left, and sees who it is.

Mario: Hello!

Meggy: Happy birthday Red!

She sits down at the table, and sees the slice of cake.

Meggy: Could I have the last slice of cake?

Mario: . . .

There is a silent moment where they look at each other, when finally. . .

Mario: Ok, I don't really like it anyway.

Meggy: Thanks, Red!

Mario: No problem.

Luigi: Well, I'm going to the store to buy things. I'll be back soon so Mario can open his presents. See you two later.

Meggy: Bye Luigi. I'll put my present over by the other one. 

As she puts it over there, she turns around, and asks something over her shoulder.

Meggy: So. . . what is there to do here?

Mario: *Slowly raises his hands with a confused look on his face* 

Meggy: Well. . . we have each other. . .

Mario: Oooooooo