Chapter 4

I volunteered for an Animethon and I was so happy omg. (explanation of why this is so late)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 4

It was barely six in the morning when I woke up. I guess you could say I was kinda excited to go to an actual school. Nervous because I'm dumb but that won't matter.

I slowly rolled onto my back and let out a quiet sigh, staring up at the ceiling. It wasn't a bad idea to go with Ikuto to Japan and it wasn't a good idea either.

My hand found its way to my clear blue pendant rested on my chest, hidden beneath the loose-fitting shirt Tsukasa found for me. The small crystal allowed me to transform into Sapphire Leopard. It was unbreakable (not like I've tried breaking it numerous times...) and still held it's shine throughout the years. It was the only thing I had left of my parents before they vanished.

No one really knows what happened to my parents. They could be dead for all I knew. They could've abandoned me.

I quickly shook my head, attempting to make my thoughts disappear. I don't need them...

I slid the pendant out from the shirt and held it up above me, admiring its warm hue of blue. My gaze averted to the window to my left; the curtains weren't closed all the way, so a small vertical ray of light was shining through the room. Experimentally, I held the crystal up towards the light.

A small, amused smile formed on my lips as rays of light expanded throughout the room. "Pretty..."

"Go to sleep, Sora." Ikuto suddenly rolled his broad body onto mine, squishing my hands against my chest.

"Ikutooooo," I whined in annoyance, wiggling my legs around furiously. I managed to push him off onto his stomach with a loud huff, crossing my arms over my chest. "That was rude."

"You're rude. Let me..." He suddenly trailed off and I turned my head towards him, raising an eyebrow.

He had his eyes fixed on the pendant, his head rested on his arms that were crossed along the pillow. "What's that?"

"I, uh... the thing I transform with...?" Furrowing my eyebrows, I glanced down at the object in my hand.

"You don't even know?" He let out a soft chuckle and reached over to poke my hands. "You must have had that for a while, hm? They're very, very rare."

"I got it for my eighth birthday," I mumbled quietly, tucking it back under my shirt.

Ikuto glanced down at the outline of the crystal under my shirt. "That's the Felidae," he murmured quietly, subtly reaching into my shirt the grab it. An annoyed whine slipped past my lips as I smacked his wrist, but he kept his hold on it, pointing to the familiar markings on it. "See? The six whisker imprints."

"Oh." I glanced down at it once more before tucking it into my shirt. "How's it rare?"

He rolled onto his back and stared up at the ceiling as he ran a hand through his already messy hair. "There are five of those pendants. You have have Felidae; it represents the cat family. Canidae is dog family, Aves is bird family, Reptilia is reptiles, and Leporidae is mostly rabbits and hares." He nodded once before turning his head towards me. "Not many people transform with animal Charas. so it's easily noticeable. I have my own way of transforming."

It took me a moment to register everything he said. "Wow... I-"

"I'm surprised someone as careless and clumsy as you can-"

My hand clamped over his mouth and I glared over at him in annoyance. "Shuddup."

Before Ikuto leaped onto me, I hopped out of bed, sending him head first into me pillow. "Soooora." His lips curved into a childish pout, his arms stretching out towards me.