Chapter 5

Now that I've almost adjusted to high school, I'm gonna try to make a goal to update on weekends!

---------------

Chapter 5

My introduction for my first class had gone horribly wrong. With my face burning red, everyone literally had just stared at me. The rest of my morning classes were fine, even though people from my first class had told their friends what happened.

The work was surprisingly easy. I had never done things like this before but it came naturally somehow.

"Kimura-san, do you want to sit with my friends and I for lunch?"

My eyes flickered up towards Tadase and I tilted my head curiously. "Did Ikuto tell you to ask me?"

"No, I just think you shouldn't eat lunch alone on your first say," he explained with a bright smile.

I glanced around slowly and leaned back against the tree I was seated under, my bag rested on my thighs. "I, uh, kinda like it here, so-"

"Then I'll bring them over here!" Without hearing a reply from me, he turned around and happily walked away.

O...kay then.

"He's still a very persistent kid." I heard Ikuto's voice, but didn't see him. A few leaves fluttered down onto my head and I quickly glanced up, raising an eyebrow when I saw Ikuto perched on a branch, lazily eating an apple with his cat ears twitching.

"When'd you get here?" I pondered out loud, stifling a laugh as he skillfully fell from the branch, landing like a ragdoll beside me.

"I have my ways, Kitty," he replied as he scooted close to me, his tail wrapping around my ankle.

Glancing down at his tail, I managed to stay relaxed beside him. "Why're you here?"

A soft laugh bubbled from his lips and he rested his head on my shoulder. "I have a break, too. And I wanted to see how you were doing."

"Well, as you've noticed, I'm doing pretty good," I replied in a hopefully casual tone.

He nodded slowly with his lips puckered out, glancing at the small group of people heading in our direction. "Seems like Tadase's taken a liking to you," he commented slyly before adding, "but who wouldn't? You're just so charming."

Charming? Pft, hell no... why is my face burning? Charming isn't something I should be blushing from! "Oh, shut the hell up." I rolled my eyes slightly, a smile on my trembling - I was trying hard to hide this reaction, okay? - smile.

From how close we were, I could feel his laugh vibrate close to me, sending shivers up my spine. "You love it," he murmured deeply, his lips starting to get close to my neck. My hand immediately shot up to push his face away, whining slightly.

"No." I attempted to set a stern look on my face, but I failed miserably when I pulled my hands away, nervously glancing up at the people who stood in front of me.

There was a girl from my first class in this group. Her smooth, pink hair flowed slightly over her shoulders and half of it was styled into a high ponytail, an red X clip shown at the base of it; the red matched the colour of her school outfit. Her eyes were a warm shade of honey brown and they flickered between Ikuto and I. She seemed slightly shocked. "You weren't joking..." she breathed out, glancing over at Tadase. There was a strange feeling starting to form but someone suddenly flicked my forehead, making me scrunch up my nose.

"Hey, hickey girl." I glanced up at a guy with shaggy light brown hair, his emerald eyes glowing playfully. His uniform was customized with green.

I could feel my cheeks heat up and, surprisingly enough, a pout formed my lips. "Blame this loser, bud."