ZOMBIE WARS

Other than the surviving zombies, there was only a few people left in the world, about thirty in total versus about two hundred total remaining zombies. It was believed there was only eight humans left in America, with the remaining twenty-two doing their best in Europe.

The war against the zombie army had ended. However, it left the world with the apocalypse, complete devastation, and virtually the world's population nearly extinct. Because President Rumpman decided to previously wage war on virtually every other country in the world where their people did not resemble him, there was no more money for any defense when society actually needed it...and the zombies didn't play around. Those that survived the war have more to do, and regain hope. The surviving Americans were located in southwest USA. It was believed no one survived east of New Mexico. The survivors had to constantly run, constantly be aware of what lies ahead, around the corner, and behind them.

The only ammo for guns had to be scavenged in abandoned sporting goods stores, but most have already been hit up. The survivors traveled on foot, and once in a while in abandoned electric vehicles they found as there was no more gasoline available. Sometimes they came upon gas stations that still had snacks inside, so they took those items whenever found. With no more grocery stores they were forced to grow their own food, but had to keep moving to not be a target. They would plant, move, return, harvest, move.

This group of eight American survivors had been traveling all day, hot, thirsty, hungry, tired. Evelyn, a twenty-eight year old flight attendant from Ventura, California, was determined to survive, determined to give new life to the human race. "Come on guys," she called out to her group. "Humanity depends on us!" One of the eight asked, "What was your name again?" "Evelyn, my name is Evelyn! How come you guys can't remember it?" The group came upon a ghost town, as all of them were. This one used to be Tucson, Arizona.

Seeing a gas station, Evelyn entered through the broken glass front door, an indicator someone, or something has visited previously. She walked to the refrigerator and opened the door, seeing an old sandwich on the shelf she could split between herself and the other seven in her group. She reached in and took hold of the sandwich then screamed. As she reached for the sandwich, a male zombie who was cooling himself on the inside of the walk-in refrigerator grabbed her by the wrist, trying to pull her into the refrigerator. She took her free hand and was able to punch the zombie in his right eye, which was the only eye in his skull. However, the zombie did not let go.

One of the survivors, a guy in his thirties named Adam from Santa Fe, heard the commotion and ran into the refrigerator, grabbing the zombie around the waist with both arms. As he did that, he was struck in the left side of his jaw by another zombie. Adam went to the ground hard. Evelyn squirmed frantically to free her wrist but had no luck, despite punching the zombie repeatedly in the face. While Adam was on the ground, he saw an old cash register on the floor in the corner and grabbed it. He turned and saw his zombie attacker was now right in front of him. Although in pain, Adam raised the register and came down with it hard on top of the zombie who went down to the ground. Adam hit him again with the register in the head and the zombie laid there dead. Adam picked up the register and went behind the zombie that had a grip on Evelyn. He hit him with the register on the head, which had no effect. Evelyn squirmed but still could not break free. Adam struck the zombie again with the cash register over the head. This time the impact caused the zombie to release his grip as he fell hard to the ground. Evelyn and Adam ran out of the store with the other survivors right behind them.

Before they got too far, Evelyn yelled, "Wait!" She ran back into the store and opened the refrigerator door and grabbed the sandwich. As she headed for the front door, she was tackled by the second zombie, who apparently was just knocked out but still alive. The two wrestled on the ground and the sandwich fell to the old tile floor. While on the ground, Evelyn looked behind the front counter and saw a baseball bat leaning against a drawer. The bat had written on it in thick black marker writing, "Assistant Manager." Evelyn scrambled away from the zombie and grabbed the bat. She swung hard like she used to when she played college softball, striking the zombie square in the forehead. The zombie hit the floor as blood flowed from his wound. Before exiting, she bent down and picked up the sandwich.