Part 6: Park

You started walking in the direction of a familiar face, Kim Taehyung.

He stood there with a worried frown plastered on his face staring down at his phone typing something - maybe it was to you?

You got closer to him sending your message and putting your phone in your pocket, safe.

Taehyung looked up from his phone looking around quickly until he laid his chocolate brown puppy eyes on you.

Taehyung just stared at you before letting out a loud sigh and finally walking towards you.

You kept a frown on your face as you got closer not letting it waver when he gave you a weak smile.

"Y/N-"

"You lied." You said bluntly cutting Taehyung off.

"You lied to try and keep me out of trouble. I don't know if I should be happy or upset."  You said your bottom lip trembling.

Taehyung's eyes widened at the sight of you with guilt washing over his face instinctively as he pulled you into a hug.

He wrapped both of his arms around you strongly but soft, his touch being like the juxtaposition of emotions you were feeling.

You didn't say anything, you just raised your hands and placed them on his back returning the hug.

"I'm sorry for lying to you... I just didn't want you to get in trouble... I don't want you to get in trouble..." He said playing with your hair as a comfort.

"I was worried about upsetting you..." you said back digging your face further into Taehyung's chest letting the smell of vanilla fill your nose.

"You could never upset me... offend me yes but upset me no..."

"Do you even realise how stupid that just sounded. If your offended your upset." You said back getting annoyed and not knowing why feeling... rejected?

"Well then call me a love sick idiot because you could never upset me..." He whisper back in response tightening the hug.

You couldn't even compute what he said as a chill ran down your back at the realisation how close you both were.

You could feel your face turning red and were scared of Taehyung seeing so remained in the same place in silence.

Taehyung let out a sigh before pulling away from the hug taking your hand gently.

"I'll walk you home and explain to your parents that I asked to meet you and I'll take the blame since I'm responsible." Taehyung said walking in the direction you and from.

"Your not responsible..." You said quietly to which he let out another sigh.

"Where do you live?" He asked not sure which way to go when met with two paths, so you told him your address and then lead the way still hand in hand.

You didn't live as close to the part as he thought you did but he was happy because it just gave him more time to hold your hand and take in you beauty emphasise by the evening sky.

You reached the house and Taehyung followed you to the door but before you could tell him to go and not get in trouble the door opened to your angry father.

Before you could say anything again you were stopped this time by Taehyung who raised his hand and introduced himself to your father explaining you asked to meet his daughter to get her help on some homework which he bought as the expression on both of your faces were unreadable.

Your father let out a sigh before telling you to get in and thanking Taehyung for bringing you home once he found out you snuck out, neither your father or mother mentioned what had happened and just seemed happy you had a friend.

Taehyung walked home confused by his own actions, he was formally a fuck boy but since he met you that part of him slowly faded.

If those events had happened years ago he would have said fuck it but for some reason when it came to you things were different.

He knew why, it's because he loved you but you didn't know.

When he got home he went straight to sleep neither of you talking.