Part 8: Unfair

You were at the park in the same area you met Taehyung the night before but this time you sat on a bench reading a fan fiction you had open on your phone.

You were completely zoned out that you didn't notice Taehyung had arrived and was sitting next to you watching you read.

Eventually a cringe part came up so you turned of your screen and almost instinctively threw your phone but managed to stop yourself.

You then jumped at the sound of a low chuckle coming from next to you which made you turn quickly almost having a heart attack.

"Ahh you can't sneak up on people like that Oppa." You said breathing unsteadily as he laughed.

"Sorry for scaring you. You seemed to into your book to stop you and you reactions were so funny." He said back before laughing again.

You then looked at the time slowly turning to look at him and asking "How long have you been sat here?" It wasn't that you minded you just feared him actually looking at what you were reading - there was nothing wrong with it but it was embarrassing.

"Well I showed up for dead on twelve." He said back which made you face palm as it was already quarter past.

"It's a good book..." you mumbled which you got a boxy smile in response to.

"You want to go back to my apartment and play some games?" He asked which surprised you but you said yes too.

He held his hand out for you to hold to which you took it following him being led by his hand - he was only holding your hand so you wouldn't get lost, that surely was all there had to it.

You walked into a nice apartment complex and eventually reached a door which Taehyung had pulled he keys out for.

You both entered and you could help but stare at the practically empty room in surprise.

It really did feel lonely.

"You want pizza for dinner?" Tae asked walking into the kitchen grabbing two from the freezer as you nodded.

"This feels so lonely..." you said quietly frowning as you walked over to the couch not expecting Taehyung to hear you.

"It is but having someone to text makes it less lonely. It takes away the focus on it and having someone here makes it a lot better." Taehyung explained making you jump.

After that you both just talked, ate and enjoyed each others company after playing some games one of which being overwatch which you cried over because Taehyung had beat you and refused to keep on having rematches after the 14th time.

"This is so unfair." You said pouting looking down towards the floor briefly glancing at Taehyung who just watched with a fond smile.

"You want to know what's really unfair?" He said calmly however his facial expression didn't match his voice as it looked shocked at his own words.

"What?" You asked letting your curiosity get the better of you.

He just remained silent looking off into space.

"Taehyungie you can tell me." You said warmly placing your hand on his sensing the pain behind what he had said.

"Being in-love with someone with every fibre of your being and then not realising even though your sat right there besides them." He responded quietly with a sad expression on his face which broke your heart.

"Who?" You asked cluelessly trying to hide your own pain not realising who he was talking about.

"You." He said back looking at you straight in the eye.

Your heart began to beat faster and you felt all the blood rush to your face.

You breathing became unsteady and you couldn't help but try to look away.

You tried but you failed, trapped by his eyes.

They said that eyes were the gate to the soul and this only proved it to be true as you could see the emotion he had held back.

You still had your hands on his to which he changed hold so that he was holding yours instead.

"I love you Y/N."