The Doctor Dances

The patients are almost within touching distance, "Go to your room

The patients are almost within touching distance, "Go to your room." Mia's jaw dropped as she watched the patients in the ward and the child in the house stand still. "Go to your room. I mean it. I'm very, very angry with you. I am very, very cross. Go to your room!" The child and the patients hang their heads in shame and shuffle away. The child leaves the Lloyd's house and the patients get back into bed. "I'm really glad that worked. Those would have been terrible last words." He let out a laugh in relief causing Mia to laugh as well.

"Why are they all wearing gas masks?" Rose asked in confusion, "They're not. Those masks are flesh and bone." Mia explained causing Jack and the Doctor to nod in agreement. "How was your con supposed to work?" The Doctor turned to Jack with a frown not liking how close the man stood next to his mate. "Simple enough, really. Find some harmless piece of space junk, let the nearest Time Agent track it back to Earth, convince him it's valuable, name a price. When he's put fifty percent up front, oops! A German bomb falls on it, destroys it forever. He never gets to see what he's paid for, never knows he's been had. I buy him a drink with his own money, and we discuss dumb luck. The perfect self-cleaning con." He explained with a laugh at the end causing the Doctor to roll his eyes and Mia to frown. "Yeah. Perfect." She muttered, why do all her friends always end up wanting to con her? "The London Blitz is great for self-cleaners. Pompeii's nice if you want to make a vacation of it though, but you've got to set your alarm for volcano day. Getting a hint of disapproval."

"Take a look around the room. This is what your harmless piece of space-junk did." He snapped seemingly noticing Mia's new found feeling of sadness which made him even more upset. "It was a burnt-out medical transporter. It was empty." He tried to explain but the Doctor wasn't listening anymore. "Mia, Rose." The Doctor turned towards them and grabbed Mia's hand who slightly flinch at the unexpected movement but she wasn't complaining. "Are we getting out of here?" She asked gently causing him to smile down at her and place a kiss on her forehead. "We're going upstairs." She nodded with a blush on her face as Jack and Rose watched the couple. It was like they were in their own little world, "I even programmed the flight computer so it wouldn't land on anything living. I harmed no-one. I don't know what's happening here, but believe me, I had nothing to do with it."

"I'll tell you what's happening. You forgot to set your alarm clock. It's volcano day." A siren sounds, "What's that?" Rose asked with a frown as she looked towards them. "The all clear." Jack shrugged causing the Doctor to roll his eyes in exasperation. "I wish." He muttered as he pulled Mia out of the room with Rose and Jack in tow.

"Mister Spock?"

"Doctor?"

They run past the staircase to see The Doctor is the next flight up with Mia right behind him. They moved quickly, "Have you got a blaster?" The Doctor asked looking down at Jack who nodded back with a smile. "Sure!" They run up to join him outside a secure metal door. "The night your space-junk landed, someone was hurt. This was where they were taken." The Doctor explained causing Mia to look up at him, "What happened?" Rose asked before Mia could, "Let's find out. Get it open." Jack nods an fiddles with his gun for a second, "What's wrong with your sonic screwdriver?" Mia asked looking up at him with her innocent eyes causing him to silently curse in his head before he smiled back gently trying to rid his thoughts. "Nothing."Jack's blaster disintegrates the lock, "Sonic blaster, fifty first century. Weapon Factories of Villengard?"