3

Taehyung

I couldn't help it- once Sejun hyungs words really sunk in, I cried. Because not once had I ever considered that Jungkook might forget me. Like an idiot, I assumed our love was too strong for anything to change it.
Once I managed to gain control of myself, Sejun hyung and I headed to the hospital. We went through the back door to avoid the media swarming the front entrance.
"I cleared your schedule for tomorrow but that's it, ok?" Sejun Hyung says, not unkindly.
"Ok." I say quietly.
"Ok. Call me if you need anything." He says, leaving after I nod.
As I'm taking the elevator up, my phone begins to ring.
"Hey, why am I just now finding out Jungkookie woke up?" Hoseok asks excitedly when I anwser.
"What do you mean, 'just now finding out'?" I ask in confusion. "Weren't you there when he woke up?"
"No. We had mandatory practice today, remember? You weren't there either? Then-"
Hoseok suddenly goes quiet as he realizes who it was.
"I swear, if he did anything...." I trail off, quickening my pace in anger.
"...I'm sure he didn't." Hoseok says gently, trying to calm me down.
"Hyung, can you call Seokjin hyung and tell him about Jungkook? I forgot to do it." I say as I reach Jungkook's room.
"Yeah, sure," he hesitates for a moment. "Do you want me to come down to the hospital?"
"No its ok. I know you're busy. But we should all get together for breakfast or lunch tomorrow." I say.
"Yeah, ok. I'll spread the word around and get back to you." Hoseok says easily.
"Ok. See you tomorrow then." I say, hanging up with a deep breath.
It still didn't prepare me for what I saw when I opened the door. Jimin was sitting on the bed beside Jungkook, loosely holding his hand while Jungkook had his head resting on Jimin's shoulder.
It was almost surreal to see them togther like that, so comfortable with eachother, second only to actually seeing Jungkook awake after all these months.
"Kook." I say quietly and they both look at me.
Jungkook's eyebrows furrow in confusion as he looks at me.
"Do I know you?" He asks and my heart breaks all over again.
"You don't know me?" I ask and he shakes his head.
To his credit, Jimin pretends to try and free his hand but Jungkook only tightens his grip.
"I'm Taehyung, your boyfriend." I say and Jungkook looks even more confused.
"No, Jimin is. Right?" Jungkook says, looking up at Jimin hopefully.
Jimin presses his lips togther as i stare daggers at him. I swear to god, if he tries to pull some shit-
"No Kookie. We're not together; you can't remember but I did something, something stupid and wrong-"
"He cheated on you- with Yoongi hyung." I say shortly, cutting Jimin off.
"Who? Am I supposed to know who that is?" Jungkook replies loftily.
"You don't remember Yoongi hyung either? What about Namjoon or Seokjin hyung?" I ask but Jungkook ignores me.
"I'm tired of this. I don't want to be here anymore, I just want to go home." He says instead.
"We have to wait for the Doctor to come and clear you, remember?" Jimin says.
Jungkook throws his head back, the beeping of the heart rate monitor increasing with his anger. I approach him slowly, hating the way he watched me warily, like he didn't trust me.
"Do you want something to eat? I could-"
"No, I want Jimin to get it. You probably don't even know what I like." Jungkook says.
"I know more than you think. I know you better than you know yourself." I snap back and Jungkook snorts.
"Sure you do. And I suppose I know you better than you know yourself too?" Jungkook replies sarcastically.
"Yeah you do. Or at least you did." I say, losing my anger completely.
I didn't come here to argue with him. It made me sad that he was being so hostile towards me. I knew he wouldn't remember me but I didn't think he would refuse to try to remember me.
"if we were so amazing and exclusive then where's the ring?" Jungkook asks while pointing to his ring finger. "Why haven't we tied the knot already?"
I open my mouth to speak but nothing comes out. Tears prick the back of my eyes but I hold them back. We both look at Jimin as he clears his throat.
"Um..I'll go get you something to eat." Jimin says, looking awkward.
"Ok. Hurry back." Jungkook says, reluctantly letting go of his hand.
I wait until the door safely closes behind Jimin before I speak.
"The day you got hurt, I um...i was actually going to propose." I say quietly.
He looks away from me as i sit beside him.
"You looked so bad...i thought I was going to lose you." I murmur, trailing my fingers lightly over where each of his injuries were.
"Don't touch me." Jungkook says sharply but his eyes look more confused and scared as he looks at me.
I promptly pull my hand away, staring back at him.
"I hope I don't have to stay with you." Jungkook says as someone knocks on the door.
"Well all of your things are in our house." I say calmly.
"Its not our house-"
"But it is, even if you can't remember right now-"
"-and I can always pack a bag." Jungkook finishes as the doctor walks inside.
"I'm glad to see you've woken up Jungkook." The doctor says with a smile.
"I want to go home." Jungkook says promptly making the doctor chuckle.
"Well, you're chart looks good," the doctor says as he looks it over. "But I hear you've suffered some memory loss."
Jungkook glances at me without saying anything.
"Don't worry, this is common with most coma cases, especially with the head trauma you endured. The best thing for you right now is to be immersed into your life again, though I wouldn't recommend going to work for two weeks- at the very least one week." The doctor quickly amends as Jungkook begins to protest.
"So I can go?" Jungkook asks.
"Yes you can leave. I'll have the nurse bring the documents and then you can leave." The doctor says.
"Ok. Thank you." I say.
The doctor nods before leaving the room.
"I'm still not staying with you." Jungkook says once the doors closes.
"The doctor just said that's what's best for you. I'm sure Jimin would agree- and Hoseok Hyung." I say.
"Where is hyung? I thought he would be here." Jungkook says, looking sad.
"He had mandatory practice today, otherwise he would be here." I say while wrapping my arm around his shoulders, which he quickly shakes off.
"Stay with me, at least for tonight. If you don't like it, I'll take you wherever you want to go." I say after a moment.
"Why? So you can try and seduce me into loving you again?" Jungkook asks.
"It might help jog your memory." I reply calmly, even though his words hurt.
"Fine," Jungkook says after a moment. "But I'll only do it because the doctor said to."
"That's fine with me." I reply.