11

Taehyung

"I'm nervous Tae." Kook says as we sit in the car infront of his parents house.
"It'll be ok." I say reassuringly.
I take his hand and rub small circles on it with my thumb. We'd been dating for a year now, so I felt it was time to introduce eachother to our parents. Jungkook had no problem with meeting my parents but when I mentioned meeting his, he flat out refused.
Apparently, they had no idea he was gay and he'd been avoiding them ever since he moved out because of that. He didn't even bring Jimin around when they were dating.
After a bit of coaxing though I was able to get him to agree to come here.
"Can't we just go home? Let's just go home." Kook says, turning to me with big puppy dog eyes.
"No Kook. It took us three and a half hours just to get here. We might as well go in." I say gently but firmly.
"I'm not going." Jungkook says, his mouth pressing into a thin line.
I sigh, trying not to lose my patience.
"Kook, I know what you're going through. I had to do the same thing, you know." I say.
"Yeah but your parents aren't like mine." Jungkook retorts.
"Look, what if we go inside and just say hi for a couple minutes? And then we can leave and you can pretend we never came." I say.
"Five minutes only." Jungkook says, consenting reluctantly.
"Ok. Five minutes." I agree.
I get out of the car and wait for Jungkook to get out too but he won't budge from his seat. I sigh as i walk over to his side and open the door.
"C'mon Jungkook." I say gently, bending down to his eye sight when he doesn't move.
"What did they do that was so bad?" I ask.
"There was alot of things. I didnt realize it back then but now...," he looks at me. "I can just tell that this is a bad idea."
I lean forward and kiss his lips. As i pull away, Kook opens his mouth to say something, a light smirk curving the edges of his mouth, when his eyes suddenly dart forward towards the house infront of us.
"Did you see that?" He asks as he points towards the window.
"See what?" I ask, looking at the window.
I study it closely, just to make Jungkook feel better but I honestly don't see anything.
"Nevermind, let's just get this over with." Jungkook says, sighing as he finally gets out of the car.
"Don't worry, no matter what I'll always be right here beside you." I say as we step onto the porch.
Jungkook takes my hand in his, taking a deep breath to settle his nerves before he uses the other hand to knock on the door.
We stand there for a couple minutes before Jungkook knocks again, harder this time.
"Maybe they can't hear you," I say after a moment. "Try the doorbell."
Jungkook rings the doorbell and again we stand and wait. He rings the doorbell two more times and waits, visibly growing more agitated with each passing second.
"Kook-"
Jungkook steps forward and jabs his finger onto the doorbell, holding it down so that it would continuously ring throughout the house.
"Jungkook," I say as I pull his hand away from the button. "Stop it."
"Open up the door!" Jungkook shouts angrily.
"Kook, let's just go. They might've moved-"
"No, I saw her. I saw my Mom Tae, peeking at us through the blinds. Did you not like what you saw Mother?" Jungkook says loudly, directing the last part to the front door.
"Go away." A female voice shouts suddenly from the other side of the door.
Jungkook stops at the sound of the voice, looking incredibly sad. I wrap my arms around him but he doesn't seem to notice as he places a hand on the door.
"Mother? It's me, Jungkook. Please..."
"You're not my son. My son would never kiss another boy. Now go away and don't come back!" His Mom snaps angrily.
"Let's go Kook." I say softly, steering Jungkook away from the door.

Jungkook's movements were almost robotic as he set down a glass of water for his dad and a cup of tea for his mom. I rub his back comfortingly as he sits beside me but I don't think he notices. We sit in an awkward silence as his mom reaches forward and sips her tea, setting it carefully on the table infront of her before she turns to face Jungkook.
"So..how have you been honey?" She asks.
Jungkook actually flinches at the nickname, biting his lip as i grit my teeth. His mom continues on when it's clear Jungkook won't respond.
"We would've been here sooner but we didn't find out about your accident until a couple days ago."
Lies; I contacted them multiple times about Jungkook and his progress, even though they never responded.
"I didn't think you cared." The words were out of my mouth before I could stop them.
"Well that shows what you think doesn't it?" His mom replies sharply.
"Stop; just stop," Jungkook says quietly, silencing the retort bubbling up inside of me. "What do you want?"
His mom presses her lips together, hesitating slightly.
"Can we talk privately?" She asks, glancing at me.
"No-"
"Hyung, go." Jungkook says.
"Kook-"
"Taehyung, please?" Jungkook pleads, turning to me.
I press my lips together and nod, abruptly standing up and retreating to our bedroom.
I pull out my phone as i flop onto the bed, calling Hoseok and cursing him out when he doesn't respond. I look through my phone log idly, trying to think of who to call next when I swipe by a random number. It must be from when Jungkook used my phone to call Jimin.
Without really thinking about it, I press the number, watching my phone ring.
"Hello?" Jimin says awkwardly after a couple rings. He knows it's me because I'm sure Jungkook gave him his new phone number when he got his phone.
"Hey. Um...are you busy?" I ask, sounding just as awkward.
"No, why? Is something wrong with Jungkook?" Jimin asks, sounding concerned.
"His parents are here." I say.
"Ok," Jimin pauses for a minute, as if waiting for me to say more. "And?"
"They're assholes. They're talking to him right now in our living room." I say.
"How do you know they're assholes? I doubt you've ever met them before today." Jimin says, sounding amused.
"I have met them," I reply irriatably. "I don't know why I called you."
"Then hang up." Jimin says haughtily.
"Fuck you Jimin." I snap.
"Ha, you wish-"
I hang up on him before he can finish his sentence, tossing my phone across the room in anger. I can't stay angry for long though because Jungkook walks in at that moment.
"H-hey," I say in surprise, sitting up alittle straighter. "Where are your parents?"
"They just left." Kook replies dully.
He sits on the bed infront of me and curls up into my lap, his head resting against my chest.
"They just wanted money Tae." Jungkook says sadly, not realizing that he called me by my nickname.
"Please tell me you didn't give it to them." I say.
"...i just..," Jungkook trails off for a moment. "I want them to love me for me. Not for my fame and my money."
I pull him closer, feeling a pang in my chest.
"I don't know what to tell you about them, but I loved you then, I love you now and I'll always love you." I say softly.
"Even though I slept with Jimin?" Kook asks.
I sigh. "Even though you slept with Jimin."