Chapter 6 - "Please do, for me"

As I get out of bed and realize it is monday I want to just fall right back into the warm spot I've been sleeping in for the last 8 hours. 

The fact that my dad left last night doesn't make the monday morning much better nor easier. My mom is a mess, she always is on the first day after he's left, it usually gets better after a few weeks. Kasper goes into his own shell not really wanting to be at home or speak to neither me nor our mom. I kind of just carry on with my life pretending like nothing, it's not that I don't care, I just don't like to have it affect me too much. And my dad has worked in the army for what? 20 years now. He's come home in one piece every time, so I refuse to just think that he might not as well do this time. 

The school uniform is getting more and more boring for each day I have got to wear it. Today I don't really care, all I care about is getting away from this damn depressing home and go to school. Yep I just said it, in between the lines, I am excited to go to school. And for some reason deep inside of me I am hoping to see Hakan there as well today. 

When I reach the kitchen I notice mom is not up yet. I can't blame her, she drove my dad to the airport at 2am and now she is one big bunch of thoughts and worries that he won't come home, like always. I prep myself a lunch as I can't be bothered getting the crappy canteen food today, and then I have an apple for breakfast. 

I quickly leave for school before I get the chance to morning-chat with someone which I am not a big fan of. 

At school

As I walk the hallway with Dina I can't stop looking for Hakan, although I'm trying to gather myself and stop it, but soon after, I do it again. But he's not here anywhere. Typical. 

Anyway it's first break of the school-day and Dina is strangely quiet. 

-You ok, hun? I ask removing Hakan from my thoughts.

-Huh? Oh, yeah, yeah I'm good, just tired. She smiles. I nod my head understanding how she feels. As we walk out into the sun we both immediately see a car pull up at the schools parking lot. This time I'm staring just as much as Dina always does, knowing who's going to get out of that car. 

Well we were right. Soon after, Hakan comes out of the car having sat on the passenger-seat. Another guy comes out from the frontseat and he looks terrible. Or well, I mean, he's one of the baseball-guys and he's usually not bad looking, but today his face is full of big, horrible bruises. 

-Oh my god

Йой! Нажаль, це зображення не відповідає нашим правилам. Щоб продовжити публікацію, будь ласка, видаліть його або завантажте інше.

-Oh my god. I speak under my breath and so do a few others as they see Hakan's beat-up friend. -What happened to him? I ask myself not expecting an answer but to my surprise getting one, as Dina talks:

-Oh you haven't heard? On Saturday night some other guy-gang just went crazy and wanted to fight some of Hakan's friends including Hakan, but while his friends were getting beaten, Hakan was out shagging some random girl, not picking up his phone.