123

So. There was this post on this account which I heavily disagreed with. It was also kinda racist. And oh my god I wanted to post my comment, but I've seen people attacked for saying the opposite and frankly that just really messes with me now cause of my anxiety. But it really fucking pissed me off. Just oh my god. People today really have gotten so stupid. They said they didn't have freedom of speech unless you were white. Bitch, if you didn't have freedom of speech then the authorities would track you down for saying that and arrest you. You have freedom of speech. That's why you can state that opinion of yours. And yes you do have opportunities. If you work hard, don't waste your money, and are able to get lucky to a certain degree then you can be successful. Yeah, maybe our country is pretty damn divided right now so it ain't the best, but that doesn't matter. It's still a better country because of the rights we have. You can say what you want. You can do what you want (to an extent, it has to be legal.) Gay marriage is fucking legal. I'd say that's pretty damn good compared to other countries where gay people are killed and where people don't have free speech. We may not be the best, but we're still pretty good. We may be pretty divided, but I hope that can be fixed one day. And our history may not be perfect, but that's okay. Mistakes are made and we are not our ancestors. What matters is today, not back then.

I'd unfollow them, but I like who they are as a person (mostly) and I like some of their posts. So I'd rather not unfollow them over something like that.

So Happy Fourth of July to a pretty good country that I'm happy to call my home.

Sorry for that more political rant. I usually try to keep politics out of my posts, but damn it annoyed me.