Prologue Part ii, Juniper

PROLOGUE PART II

PROLOGUE PART II

JUNIPER

       When Juniper Wayward announced that she was in Hufflepuff, her family hit the roof

When Juniper Wayward announced that she was in Hufflepuff, her family hit the roof. All they could think about was how their eleven year old angel broke the chain of proud Gryffindors that had been standing strong and pure-blooded for centuries — that is until September 1st, 1972, when a bright eyed, wide smiled Juniper stepped up to the old, wooden chair and let the Sorting Hat distinguish her house for the next seven years.

It surprised little Juniper that her first thought wasn't of how her family would react, as she thought it would be, but more of why that certain house stopped her from being any of the other traits. It was funny to her really — but here's the thing, Juniper Wayward knew only one of those four houses pleased her parents.

Here's a hint — it isn't Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff or especially Slytherin. You see the problem? It's a hard knock life.

       Juniper loves her family, don't get her wrong, but she feels as if every word out of their mouths is Gryffindor this, Gryffindor that. At first she thought it was a joke. Now she thinks it's just tasteless and overplayed — like her brother's record of David Bowie's The Man Who Sold The World. (She's kidding, of course — Bowie rocks!)

       Tristan Wayward — her brother, and another proud Gryffindor. Tristan was always the one who mostly stood by her sister when she was almost tormented for not carrying on the Wayward's family legacy. (Tristan has always loved Juniper.) Well, that was until the massive fallout of '74...

       Juniper Wayward is one of those people who always appears in your mind whenever something relates to them. Tristan disagrees with this but Juniper enjoys the attention so she shuts him down whenever he tries to argue that the people are wrong. This normally ends up in with a massive argument — Tristan stands on the table, stubbornly shouting, Juniper sings a tune to block out the hate, while Christine, the youngest Wayward, lobs books at her sibling's heads.