iv. Sad Case

four      sad case

four sad case

       Juniper Wayward was in love with the idea of love

Juniper Wayward was in love with the idea of love. She basked in the thought of waking up feeling safe next to your favourite person in the whole world — she didn't care if you loved girls, boys, or both at the same time. Because the only thing Juniper was certain about, was that she was in love with the idea of love.

Regulus Black didn't know what love was; it was as simple as that. He was raised with the idea that tight-lipped smiles and cold hugs that left you shivering were the best his world could provide. It wasn't like he didn't know that a world full of kisses that were sweet like honey weren't out there, it was just that's he never bothered to look. Content with being part of the loveless generation.

Truth be told, Juniper recognised her her brother, Tristan Wayward, saw love just as Regulus did. He saw the appraisal from his father as the warmest form of affection he would be able to receive — forming him so he would be the proudest Gryffindor there would be for generations to come. Perhaps he also saw love as Juniper did, he saw it as desirable and sweet — he was forever teetering between wanting warm, summer-like hugs, and character building, tough love. But he believes a kiss with a fist is better than none.

       Juniper knew what happiness was, she had read the definition time and time again: happiness is a sense of well-being, joy, or contentment. So, when people are successful, or safe, or lucky, they feel happiness. Juniper likes happiness — ("It's more than a positive mood," she says when people ask.)

She knew the ins-and-outs of happiness as well as Regulus Black knew the ins-and-outs of all the Seven Deadly Sins. (Well, not all of them, he wasn't over taken by gluttony and weighed nine hundred pounds.)

       The everlasting feeling of pride ran through all three of their bloodstreams, all for different reasons...

       Juniper took pride in the ability to take little to no pride in things, she knew to never be big headed, self-centred, or an evil bigot; perhaps she took pride in that.