i. I'm Not in Love with Sirius Black!

one      i'm not in love with sirius black!

one i'm not in love with sirius black!

       The first thing Juniper noticed once she stepped through the barrier onto platform nine and three - quarters, were the crowds of families saying goodbye to their loved ones — whether it be cousins to cousins, children to parents or siblings...

       The first thing Juniper noticed once she stepped through the barrier onto platform nine and three - quarters, were the crowds of families saying goodbye to their loved ones — whether it be cousins to cousins, children to parents or siblings to siblings, they really were heartwarming scenes to watch.

       However, there was one family who didn't partake in loving goodbyes, they were more of a firm nod or handshake type of family. Well, the parents were — especially the matriarch of the family, Walburga Black.

Walburga Black was part of that small selection of people that if you weren't exactly like them, she would simply hate you. It's safe to say that Walburga Black hated many, many people. And sometimes, she was particularly good at hiding it.

It was known that Orion Black had a mutual respect for Sylvester Wayward, Juniper's father, but it was also well known that they only respected each other's work, not their morals. Juniper used to think that they secretly hated each other, just like Walburga and Cordelia Wayward-Myers, the latter being Juniper's mother — her parents never married (although Cordelia did eventually take up the Wayward name), and that would just add to the reasons as to why Walburga bad mouthed to her friends (if you can call them that) behind Cordelia's back, exactly like the slimy snake she is. Cordelia never seemed to mind though, she would just go and huff to anyone that would listen about how no one ever wanted to marry the woman besides her own cousin — she would then proceed to make a gagging noise (like mother like daughter). Similar to the noise Juniper made when Lucius Malfoy would even looked in the girl's direction.

       Not that he dared to that is. When this came around, Juniper's heart would swell with the joy of not being stared down. She bathed in her own glory — just like Sirius Black had taught her to do. ("Life is too short too not be in love with yourself!" He'd say at the top of his voice whenever he had the right opportunity to.) (Juniper would then shove him away by his face and watch him roll to the ground in dramatic cries of agony.)