v. Holiest Day

five      holiest day

five holiest day

       A few days had passed since Juniper left Regulus to dwell on her proposal, all that time she had been hoping that he would say yes

A few days had passed since Juniper left Regulus to dwell on her proposal, all that time she had been hoping that he would say yes. Not only to him helping her pass DADA (since she really fucking needed to), but to him to agree to let herself teach him to become a better person and enjoy the finer things in life. (Well, he thought it was just to help him become more happy, but he didn't need to know what the long run was — that would spoil everything!)

       There were a few moments throughout the dreaded waiting time were her conscience just called her a 'silly bitch' for even thinking up the idea for Regulus and herself to help one another. She was starting to agree with the voice as well, until four days later, on a particularly sunny Sunday afternoon.

       "It will be impossible, you know," Carmen Vance, who was sat to the left of Juniper, twirled her wand between her fingers absentmindedly.

       "It's just her trying to be kind, you know, like she normally is," Bellamy Love, who stuck by his last name and was hopelessly smothered by his unrequited love for Juniper Wayward on the daily, sat to the honey blonde's girls left, defending the girl's plan.

       However, Carmen only raised an eyebrow, rose up slightly to stare over Juniper and focus her gaze on the brunet boy and spoke with humour in her voice. "Bell, my sweet, so, you're telling me that you're completely okay with Juniper spending an indefinite amount of time with bone-structure Regulus?"

       The teenage boy was momentarily stunned for words, "Carmen's right. It's a horrible plan, it will absolutely, one hundred percent lead to death. Do not proceed — not even with caution — it's a death trap. Listen, Juniper, do you know what those kind of traps lead to?"

"What kind?" Juniper inquired.

"The death kind!"