Part 3

You had been working for James Barnes for a few weeks now. You had picked up on his habits and how he took his coffee, seeing as you got it for him everyday. He would always pop his fingers before he would start to type a report, he would run his fingers through his hair when he was on the phone or focused on what he was doing. He would occasionally take you to meetings and conferences. A lot of the meetings took place in restaurants, because they were lunch meetings. You would always take your wallet out to pay for your meal but he would stop you every time by putting his hand over your hands and wallet and quietly telling you he would pay. You got used to going places with him for business so you weren't alarmed when he asked you to be ready to go in 5 minutes for lunch, which you assumed was a meeting. But when you got to the restaurant he told the waitress he wanted a table for two. You looked at him surprised. "What about the people we're meeting?" You asked. "oh no people or meetings today, just figured it would be nice to get out of the office" he answered kindly. Once you were seated and ordered your food, he smiled at you and said "so I also wanted to talk to you about an upcoming conference in Beijing, it's going to be a week long conference and I know it's a lot to ask, but I was wondering if you could accompany me? If you don't want to, that's okay. I don't want you to feel pressured. You can just have that week off then. Or you could even take my desk and get ahead on some paper work or just.. I don't know." He said sounding like a nervous teenager asking his date to prom. "Oh, wow. I would love to go! Thank you for the opportunity! I'm hoping to learn a lot from this trip!" You said enthusiastically. "Fantastic! I'm thrilled to have you come along (y/n)! He said and smiled brightly.