Part 8

That night James took you out to dinner again at another fancy place. He asked the waiter for a quiet table towards the back so you could talk. When the two of you sat down he asked you about how you felt about your first day at a big international conference. You talked about that for a while and he shared some of his experiences at conferences. You decided that you would wait until you got back to the hotel to start asking him questions, because the restaurant didn't feel like the right place. You were casually sticking to more work based conversations and a little bit about the culture around you, until he got quiet for a second. "Hey (y/n).." He said softly. "Yeah, James?" You said softly back. "So there's a dinner party my friend is having next week and we'll be back in town by then... And I was wondering if you would be my date? I don't have to have a date it's not a big deal.. Or anything if I go alone. But I mean, I wanted to go with you... And..." He trailed off. You had never heard that man talk so much and act so nervous. "Oh, well of course I'll be your date James!" You answered excitedly. When you got back to the hotel that night, you and James cuddled again, but this time it wasn't even a second thought. He just crawled right up next to you and you snuggled in. You talked for a little while before falling asleep and found out a few random facts about him he was like a puzzle that you were living piece by piece. These talks and cuddling sessions became the norm the rest of the trip and you quickly realized any chance of maintaining a fully professional relationship had went out the window.