9. The First Steps.

"Can you actually believe that Zayn wants us to be in his pack? I'm still trying to wrap my head around it." Niall was babbling, as they sat at the lunch table at school the next day. Louis almost felt like he was in shock. The omega listening to his beta friend talking, but not really giving much response. "I know" he utters, trying not to be rude.

"You two excited?" Zayn's voice came from behind Louis, who turned to see the alpha standing above them. "Sure are, do you want to sit with us?" Niall smiled, the beta oblivious to the alphas teasing. "Sure, Niall!" Zayn smirked at the nervous omega. He spotted Liam and Harry looking around the senior area in search for Zayn, once they spotted the alpha he waved them over.

They share a weird look but commenced their journey to the unknown grounds. "We're going to sit with our newest pack members today." Zayn gestured and Harry and Liam obliged, "So you said yes?" Liam smiled at Louis, who just nodded. "Of course he did, who can resist this smile" Zayn threw his arm around the omega, flashing Liam a grin. Harry gripped his food tray tighter, he didn't like Zayn touching Louis.

"Oh trust me, the smile isn't what did it" Louis scoffed, taking Zayn' arm off his. Harry smirked and let go of his tray.

_ _ _

The boys continued talking and getting to know each other, though Harry was quiet and kept to himself, deciding to just listen in. He still wasn't sure how he felt about Louis joining the pack. On one hand, they could get to know each other and maybe something will come of it, but also, Louis is going to be around dominant alphas and betas constantly and he's not sure if he can control himself on attacking anyone who touches him.

The bell rings and Niall and Louis stand immediately and the other three chuckle at how hasty they are to get to class. The two walk off to make their way to their lockers. "Someone's awfully quiet." Zayn snickers over at Harry. Harry looks up at him and sneers, "Why do we need them anyway, our pack is fine." He grumbled.

"Harry. Our pack is not fine, and you know it. Louis is exactly the right omega for the job. And you also know that. I wouldn't have asked Louis to join us if i thought it'd be putting him in danger." Zayn finished. "Well that' not your call to make!" Harry growled. "And it's yours?" Zayn scoffed humourously. "Whatever" Harry slammed down his tray and stormed off.

Liam looked at Zayn, never seeing Harry this angry before. "Zayn, I wouldn't push him on this subject. I really think he likes Louis, a lot." Liam smiled small at the thought of Harry finding his mate, Liam always believed Harry was born to love someone, and maybe Louis is that someone.

"I know, Liam. That's why I tease him, I want him to open up to us. Plus its fun getting under his skin." Zayn chuckled, and Liam gave him a glare, "Don't worry, i won't ever push him too far. It's merely playful banter." Zayn ruffled the betas hair.

_ _ _

The end of the day came around and Louis made his way from his locker to the front doors, pulling his backpack over his shoulder before waltzing out the open door. In his peripherals he spotted a boy in a varsity jacket staring at his ass, so as he walked by him he looked over his shoulder and winked at the boy.

He spotted Niall with Zayn, Harry and Liam and furrowed his brow. He veered to make his way over to the group. "What's going on, aren't we walking home Niall?" Louis asked and Niall was about to open his mouth when Zayn beat him to it. "Actually, Louis, i'm taking you to HQ and introducing you two to the rest of the pack." Zayn smiled, throwing his arm around Niall.

"I think you'll find he meant, 'I' will be driving you to HQ" Harry brought his keys from his pocket and jingled them, making his way toward his car. Zayn rolled his eyes, "You're driving but IM taking them" Zayn answered back. They were in the car and Louis let out a small laugh, Zayn turned around from the passenger seat and gave Louis a glare.

"What's so funny, omega?" He asked, Louis smirked and looked him in the eye. "Big bad alpha Zayn can't drive!" He burst out and Niall and Liam joined in the laughter. Zayn flipped him off and turned around in his seat, crossing his arms over his chest like a child. Louis looked up in the rearview mirror and saw Harry smirking at him, his dimple sticking out and his piercing green eyes in direct contact with him.

Louis quickly averts his eyes, feeling his skin turn hot. Harry made him so nervous and he wasn't sure why. Louis was good at compressing his omega traits around alphas, but Harry was different. They drove in relative silence, Niall and Liam chatting about marvel movies along the way. It wasn't long until they made their way to their destination.

It looked just the same as it did before, though with more cars parked out the front. They got out and Louis felt himself become more nervous. They got to the porch and could hear the muffled banter of those inside. Zayn opened the door and they filed inside.

PUBLISHED~21/JUL/2018