( CHAPTER FIVE. )

chapter five
acts of love

WHEN the clock chimed three am, Rosalie looked through the open curtains of her office and saw both her sister and nephew fast asleep on the couch in the room, the blanket she left there made out of t-shirts into a quilt covering them

WHEN the clock chimed three am, Rosalie looked through the open curtains of her office and saw both her sister and nephew fast asleep on the couch in the room, the blanket she left there made out of t-shirts into a quilt covering them. She laid her pen down and rubbed her eyes, sick of the stale coffee taste lingering in the back of her mouth. She awkwardly rubs her lips before she stands to her feet, her blazer long discarded and hitting the grey carpet of the station as she takes her mug with her. 

"Rose." 

She turns to see Derek, rubbing his own eyes. A yawn leaves his mouth as he places his own paperwork down, looking at the detective. "Yeah?"

"Maybe we should call it a night. It's three in the morning, and we can't function when we're half asleep."

She glances to the sleeping kids through the window, and he stands up. "I can take you all home. And then I'll just swing by and bring you to the station in the morning," Derek offers, and she tucks her thumbs in her belt loops. 

"Yeah, okay." She yawns, and he chuckles a little, tossing his empty paper cup in the trash before he grabs his keys. Hotch and the others had left twenty minutes prior, and the only one to stay behind was Spencer, but even he was curled in a chair and was dozing off, a book on his chest. "I'll get the kids, you get Spencer."

Derek nodded as she walked away, grabbing her blazer with her other hand, before she disappears into her office, and he looks at the name tag on her door.

Detective Rosalie A. Salvatore-Olivera.

He roused Spencer, who stirred, before rubbing his eyes. "You don't have to thank me, Nehavah," he mumbled as he yawned, before he straightened up, grabbing his satchel and his book. 

Derek chuckled as he knocked on Rosalie's office door, and heard her tell him to come in as she placed Marco's backpack on her shoulder, grabbing her own satchel bag and tucking her laptop in it. "Give me just a second," she told him, double checking her drawers before she shut them. 

"Do you want me to hold something, Rose?" He asked her, and she pushed her hair off her forehead before she nodded. 

"Would you mind getting Marco? Please." 

"Sure," he told her before he walked over to the couch and picked the sleeping boy up, before he looked over at the frames on the wall, seeing a few assorted ones of her family, including one at her graduation, as well as her two degrees. One for undergrad, which was from Texas A&M, with a degree in Political Science and Philosophy; then her J.D degree from Stanford. He saw a couple of textbooks on her desk, and furrowed his eyebrows.

"What are you reading?" He decided to ask.

"Oh, I didn't tell you? I... I'm considering going back through the FBI academy. My brother just got his shop established and he'd be able to take care of Marco while I'm gone." She rubbed her neck as she grabbed her keys, tucking them in her pocket. "My brother was upset I left the academy in the first place. I missed my graduation."