( CHAPTER NINETEEN. )

chapter nineteen
sugar-spice ( part one )

chapter nineteensugar-spice ( part one )

MAY 13, 2012 | 2:31 AM

WASHINGTON, DC

"AND WE'RE SURE MARCO'S ASLEEP?" Rosalie asked Derek quietly as he kissed down her shoulder, nimble fingers tugging at the fabric of his shirt, his suit jacket long discarded somewhere in the living room. 

"Mhm, I got him in his pajamas and tucked in," he replied, sucking a bruise onto her jaw, before pulling away to catch his breath and allowing the JTTF agent to reach behind her back and unzip the silver dress that flickered in the moonlight leaking in from her bedroom window.  Their lips brush against the others, hungrily and desperately, as if afraid the other would disappear, and after the day's events, that was at the forefront of both the agents' minds. 

. . .

18 HOURS EARLIER | 8:31 AM —

"Woah!" Derek laughs as Marco runs inside, and leaves his shoes by the front door. "Careful, Rosie's still sleeping," he told him before Marco gives him a look that should 'no kidding', before Derek chuckles, locking the door behind him as he sets the groceries down on the island in Rosalie's kitchen, Marco fleeing to the couch where he turns the television on and to the classic version of Tom and Jerry, filling the air with his soft giggles, Sassy jumping into his lap and getting comfortable. He had brought Marco along with him to view Prentiss's new place, that way he couldn't wake Rosalie. 

Derek walks back to his girlfriend of seven months' bedroom, watching her sleep under her dark purple sheets, her leg exposed as she's probably rolled over and now had the cover stuck in between her legs, her right leg completely on top of the comforter, her being asleep in a black tank top and a pair of navy blue underwear. He smiled at the soft snores leaving her, her hair strewn all over her pillow and her hand underneath her cheek. He closes the door behind him so she can continue to sleep undisturbed. 

She had just gotten back from New Mexico with her team on another case, this one needing their direct, hands-on attention. Having witnessed her walk in through the front door of her apartment as he helped Marco do his worksheets for class, he couldn't have been happier when she filled the space in his arms, her warmth filling the gap in his chest, her perfume swirling in his nose, and the way her lips felt against his — having her being gone for a week and a half felt like misery. 

He walked over to her side, his fingers gently tracing her arms as he grabbed the bottle of aloe vera lotion. Rosalie didn't think she had been sunburned while she was there, but she hadn't wanted to risk having to wake up to the discomfort of it if she had it. He squeezed it into his palms and rubbed it gently on her arms and her one exposed leg first before the other and then tucking her back under the comforter. She groaned in her sleep, her face unconsciously moving towards his thumb as he traced her cheekbone, and he smiled as he kissed her forehead between the locks of hair on her face.