( CHAPTER SEVENTEEN. )

chapter seventeen
morning after

MARCO stepped up to the plate, his baseball bat in hand

MARCO stepped up to the plate, his baseball bat in hand. Rosalie was leaning against the fence, watching her nephew — well, he might as well have been her son, as she wore an olive green ribbed knit tank top and a pair of ripped denim jeans, her feet in clean white Addidas sneakers. She had a cord necklace on around her throat instead of her usual cross, the charms being a seashell and two pearls on each side. She turned as she heard a male clearing his throat, and saw her boyfriend walk to her side with two bottles of water in his right hand, a baseball in his left as he joined her side, kissing her neck as she looked up at him.

"Mind if I stand right here?" He grinned teasingly as she shook her head.

"No, but you might have to deal with my boyfriend."

"He sounds like a lucky guy."

"Oh, he is." She quipped as he handed her a bottle of water, and then put his arm around her waist as she clapped her hands, cheering for Marco. "Come on, baby, you got this!" She told him, as Derek cheered too, his coach's whistle around his neck.

"You got this, Marco!" Derek cheered before he then looked at his shorter girlfriend. "Did you remember to get the snacks, baby girl?"

"Yeah, they're in the trunk of my car," she replied, being on snack duty for today's game, and she looked back at Marco, who waved as he waited for the umpire to give the okay for the game to continue. 

"We didn't miss him, did we?" JJ asks as she pulls her hat over her blonde curls, Henry clinging to her hand as Will stands at her side with his badge on his hip. Prentiss is behind her with Hotch, shades over her eyes and her hair pulled into a neat ponytail. Hotch has Jack on his shoulders, and Rossi holds up a bag of pre-popped popcorn, as Reid has a baseball cap on his head, all of the members of the BAU dressed comfortably. Garcia comes running, in wedges and dressed in red and yellow, a red headband in her hair, as she smiles. 

"We didn't miss the little ball of sunshine, did we?" She asks, and Rosalie shakes her head, laughing softly.

"No, he just got to the plate. What are you all doing here?"

"We asked Derek what his plans were this weekend, and the first thing he said was he had to come to Marco's baseball game. And we wanted to come and show our support." Rossi grinned as Derek rubbed her shoulder, and she playfully grinned at him.

"Oh yeah?" Rosalie asked curiously before she looked back at Rossi.

"I don't know," JJ chuckled. "It's kind of nice to see Derek whipped."

"I'm not even going to argue with that statement," he murmured before he then leaned his head towards the kids. "Marco's getting ready to bat."

"Come on, Marco! You can do it!" They yelled in unison, and Rosalie pushed the gum she was chewing on into her cheek. Her brown eyes focused on her nephew who got into position, holding his bat tightly with his gloves.