Part 2.

CASSANDRA POV:

I fall asleep and arrive where Loki is in a room, very different to the glass cube I first met him in, this time he is in a proper cell "Loki, what's going on?" "Cassandra?" I run over to him, I kneel down in front of him and cup his face in my hands "You're hurt." "I will be fine." I notice his voice is gentler and his eyes are no longer a piercing blue, they are now a beautiful green "Why are your eyes different?" He sighs "I wasn't myself before." "What's that supposed to mean?" "I was being controlled, everything I did, I didn't mean to do." There are tears in his eyes so I pull him close, he rests his head on my shoulder.

I knew there was something odd about his behaviour, but he was being controlled? I hope someone's doing something about this!

"You should go." I pull back from the hug "Why? Why would I leave you, especially now?" "They are currently discussing my fate." "Your fate?" He sighs and lets his anger out "They are trying to decide whether to execute me or imprison me for the rest of my life!" I gasp "I'm sorry, love, I didn't mean to shout at you." "...Love?" He smiles a little "You've changed me, even while I was being controlled I could feel you changing me, I was only being fully controlled when fulfilling his wishes. When I was with you, I got to be more myself than I've ever been."

I don't know what to say...

He laces his hands with my own "Cassandra, you've saved me." "But you might die." "Then I will die a happy God." "You don't deserve to be punished, you deserve to be saved. Why can't they see that!?" "They don't know I was controlled and even if I told them, they wouldn't believe me." "Even Thor?" "Especially that oaf, he doesn't care." "Maybe he cares more than you think." "He doesn't. Sometimes he pretends he does, but you should've seen him back on Asgard." "So this is really happening?" "I'm afraid so."

I wish there was something I could do.

"I hope I see you again." "I hope for the same, I want to see you so many more times. You are unlike an other Midgardian I've ever met, I'm so glad we have this connection." "We didn't even get a chance to figure it out." His voice turns soft "Hey... don't cry." I didn't even realise tears have been falling down my face, he lets go of one of my hands and wipes away the tears "I will come back for you." "You can't say that, you don't know what will happen." "I WILL come back. I have to! I have to see you again!"

Please don't kill him, please don't kill him!

His now free hand cups my cheek, he glances down at my lips for a split second, I take a chance and kiss him. He doesn't push me away, he pulls me closer and deepens the kiss, when we pull away for air we just sit there looking into each other's eyes for a while. Then a door opens and a loud voice echoes through the room "Brother! You are to return to Asgard." As he approaches us Loki gives me a reassuring smile and lets go of me, I back away and everything fades around me.