EPILOGUE PART 2/FINAL CHAPTER OF BOOK 1

Hello everyone! As promised, here is the final instalment of The Crystal Chronicles book one. Thank you all for voting and commenting on all of my chapters. I had so much fun reading them all and hearing what you guys think of my story! Now, as for book 2 of this series, a first draft will be shortly posted on Wattpad and will act as a pre published version for you all to read before the actual one is edited and published for good. The second book will be called The Crystal Chronicles and The Lost Temple and for this book Alyssa, Amber, Zack, and Haven are off to the Amazon! See you soon loves, hope you enjoy! Please share this story with your friends, and family members to help get me more readers on my novel. Thank you Wattpad! xoxo

***

The Tracker couldn't deny his need to understand this and snatched her file off the bar, his eyes greedily scanning the words while Kurt was speaking.

"Alyssa Brooks just recently transferred to Magnorium. At first, she seemed completely average but very quickly started displaying evidence of her power. She is faster, stronger, and smarter than any of the other children. It is unclear how or when she discovered her true powers, but when she did, she decided to retrieve the crystals. Of course, this isn't really surprising as she is the only one who can do so."

After a thorough scanning of the file, the Tracker slammed it shut. It was true then. An Orchin. A living one. "This kid will never find them on her own."

Kurt shook his head. "Even more worrisome, Brooks and a few others somehow discovered my real office, broke into our laboratory, and stole the Eye. The artifact is extremely valuable to the Society and is currently in their possession. It is still a matter of speculation as to who is helping her and feeding her this information."

The Tracker's thin lips broke out into a wide grin and he laughed.

"I can't believe she got away with that!"

"And you shouldn't ... because she didn't. Oh no, you see Tracker, I only made it seem like she got away. I met them in the laboratory and put up a pathetic fight. It is much wiser to make them think they got away. With the artifact, her expedition is made significantly easier. We are using her in a way she is not even aware of yet. Unfortunately for us, Brooks has one main goal once she retrieves the Orb and that is to destroy the Society. Now this is where you come in."

Tracker's eyes gleamed with the excitement of a new challenge.

"Currently she is unaware of any pursuit. It is going to remain that way until the very end. I am sending you to track her down. Not to attack. I just need you to watch her closely. Follow her from destination to destination. Do not interfere. Only once all four crystals are collected are you permitted to attack, and quickly. Take all four crystals and bring them back to me. Use any means to accomplish this. Do you understand Tracker?"

Tracker said nothing for a long moment, regarding Kurt with a look he couldn't quite decipher. Then he shook his head. "You genius bastard."

"I do try," Kurt announced. "Now for the other obstacles to be aware of." He sighed, gathering two more files into his hands.

"Alyssa Brooks is joined on this expedition by three other extremely powerful Elementals. Together the four of them are the strongest team I have ever witnessed in action. I guarantee that this will not be easy."

He opened the files, laying them side by side. Pictures of two similar-looking youths greeted the Tracker.

"Amber and Zack Travie. Descendants of the Travie bloodline. Amber Travie is the strongest Skyros I have ever come across; likewise is Zack Travie the most powerful Terran. These two have a burning hatred for the Society, which is most understandable considering both of their parents fell at my hand."

The Tracker shook his brown hair, disbelievingly.

"For such a secret organization, Kurt, you sure make a lot of enemies."

"It's all part of the job description," Kurt replied rather dismissively, not even bothering to try to contradict the Tracker's observation. He had said nothing but the truth.

"Now for the fourth member, Haven Reeves. Mr. Reeves is an extremely perceptive individual, and highly skilled in many areas, although you probably already knew that. In addition to all of those irritating qualities, he also is the strongest Aquarian I have ever seen. Together he and Brooks broke into my office. Twice. You taught him well." Kurt said flatly, rolling his eyes at the picture of the smiling boy before slamming the file shut. The Tracker's blue eyes were wide, horror flashing through them for a moment.

Kurt made a noise, disapproving of the very human look on the young man's face.

"Don't tell me this will be a problem."

"It won't be," the Tracker said finally, after a moment's pause, composing his features once more.

"All four seem to have no weaknesses, except for their loyalty to each other. Take advantage of this. And when you have all four crystals, kill Alyssa Brooks, and the other three as well."

The Tracker gave a curt nod. "I understand. Follow the four of them, take the crystals at the end, and kill them. You'll have your Orb and I can go back to hiding out in scummy bars."

"Splendid. I am pleased you understand." Kurt clapped his hands together once, grabbed his drink, and swished the contents around. Then he took a swig and downed the drink in one large gulp, earning a few curious glances from the bar's other occupants. Kurt had experienced enough anguish in his life to expertly hold down any type of liquor.

"You leave in the morning to their first destination, Brazil. As of now, you are already a few hours behind them. As for me, I will issue orders from Magnorium. I still have that ridiculous job to hold down after all."

"What an exciting life you live," the Tracker muttered dryly.

"I get others to do my dirty work. I like keeping my hands clean."

The Tracker possessed the audacity to actually roll his eyes, un-intimidated by the man before him.

"I will personally equip you with the newest weapons," Kurt continued. "Every necessity will be offered. This job will guarantee the future of the Society."

"I'm flattered, really."

If Kurt noted the sarcasm, he made no retort and hastily moved towards the exit, with the Tracker trailing behind him. The chatter grew quiet once again, as all eyes fastened on the two men exiting the bar.

The two men met the night's chill, the darkness shadowing their figures well. Kurt felt alive with the adrenaline and excited for what was to come: the Society's long awaited success. And he would be the one leading them to victory. He turned sharply back to the Tracker who stood silently behind him.

"We will speak in a few hours' time. Your job is essential, and success is imperative. Do not bother to come back here if you fail," Kurt said, finality practically dripping from his words.

"I never fail," the Tracker said, his facial expression unmoving.

"And that is why I recruited you," Kurt replied, with an impressive level of conceit. Then, without a final goodbye, he took his leave, heading back out to Magnorium.

The Tracker stood motionless, lost in thought. After a long moment, he refocused on the task at hand and disappeared into the night. The shadows engulfed him as he prepared for what was going to be his most important job to date. Failure was not an option if he valued if his life. He was almost as obsessed with winning as Kurt was. They were just four teenagers after all. He really didn't think the job was going to be that difficult, and that was perfectly fine with him.