Awake?

My eyes shot open and my heart felt as though it was going to fly out of my chest. The sun pierced my eyes. How was it day? I saw a car pass by with a couple of young guys laughing and the driver shouting, "Oi love 'ard day gotcha down?" Before I could even comprehend what he was saying, they had driven off giggling and pointing at me. What the fuck what the fuck what the fuck where the fuck am I? My mind was racing as I noticed I was siting with my legs spread out on the pavement. My head, I assumed, had been leaning against the brick wall making it seem I was passed out drunk on the sidewalk. I was so stunned that the next couple of seconds seemed blurry and every noise incoherent. Was I fucking kidnapped? The idea of being kidnapped made my stomach turn and limbs tingly. I didn't dare move from the spot I had awaken in. The tears began to build in my eyes and the lump in my throat was making its presence known. I carefully lifted my knees to my chest, my arms on them, and rested my head. My hyperventilating was becoming painful in my chest. The confusion making me want to scream. I closed my eyes. Okay Sarah, relax. Breathe. I sucked in the air and realized it was unbelievablely cold. But it's May.. I tried to gather my thoughts to make sense of my surroundings. I pulled enough courage to pick my head to look around myself some more. I hadn't noticed the people who had been walking passed me and even some crossing the street to the other sidewalk to avoid me. I must look insane right now. It didn't hit me that something else was off until one women made eye contact with me. Her outfit... I looked to my right. The cars and the people looked like they jumped off a page of book about the early 1960s. I put my head down and the urge to cry was coming back when I heard a young mans voice gently speak "Scuse' me miss? E'rything alright?" I looked up. George. A young handsome George. There he was, clear as day. He was sporting a thick grey coat and jeans from what I can make out because of the daze going on in my head. There was a worried look on his face accompanied by a cigarette in his hand. Now I was getting nauseous. Nothing was making sense. I just wanted to be back home. "Please let me go home please I wanna go home." I whispered to myself, finally letting the tears spill. I rested my head back on my arms and let myself cry as hard as I wanted. I squeezed my eyes closed. "Sorry?" He said, which now sounded like it was much further away *Ding!* Again, my eyes shot open. My breathing was rough and my nerves on the edge. I sat up quickly to see I was in my bed again with the room slightly lit by phone that was lying next to my pillow. I put my hands to my face and rubbed. I'm going insane. I said aloud. I had spent time in a mental facility for depression but nothing like this. I'm gonna go back there oh god maybe I should go back. My head was hurting from all of the awful anxiety that was rushing through me. I couldn't take it anymore. I stood up and looked for melatonin to help me sleep. Please let me just sleep normally.. As I popped one of the pills into my mouth. While the medicine began to take its course, I picked up my phone. 12:45am. Jesus Christ, I've been asleep only 10 minutes? I sighed and swiped away whatever twitter notification had gone off. I finally began to relax and my nerves were settling. Putting down the phone while I lied down, I thought to myself, George did look pretty good. I let out a soft chuckle before falling asleep. Was that really a dream? It all felt too real.