St. John's Gardens

The boys walked out onto the stage and there were giggles from the girls. "Hi John!" One yelled from the front. He turned and gave a smile with a head nod. They whispered excitedly to one another. I could see the eagerness bouncing off of them. They had on black cotton vests with a white button up shirt and tie. Before any of the could see me, I pushed my way to the back of the club behind the camera crew. I stood alone near the bar and watched as they were announced and performed. They sang several songs including; "Some Other Guy" and "Catcall". There were even a group of guys who shouted, "We want Pete!!!" They gave it no attention and went on to the next song. They humbly thanked the crowed and bowed. I mentally prepared myself for the explanation that I would soon tell Paul.

I sat at a table, patiently waiting for Paul. The crowd dispersed within the next hour. Thirty minutes went by and there was still no sign of the boys. I chewed the inside of my lip and fiddled with my fingers. I figured if they weren't out within the next 5 minutes, I would leave. Then just like that, I heard a sweet young familiar scouse accent. "Well that's just it! I left the paper on the table an' when I came back, it was gone!" George explained. Paul muttered, "Weirder things 'ave disappeared.", but his sentence fell on deaf ears. "Well look who came to see the show!" George ringed out and walked towards me. Behind him, Paul stood with a face I couldn't read. John and Ringo headed for the bar and gave me a greeting with a head nod. George pulled a chair that sat across from, "Did ya see the cameras? They've recorded us! We're going to be on," George puffed out his chest and spoke with a deep tv anchor-like voice, "*Granada Television!*" I chuckled, "Yeah I saw. You guys did great." I looked to where I last saw Paul, to my disappointment he no longer stood there. "Uh I gotta go fix up my makeup. I'll be back." I lied. "There's no need, you look lovely." he softly complimented. "Thank you," I beamed, "be back in a sec'." I felt guilty just leaving him there. He was so sweet to me. But, I had to talk to Paul.

I scanned the room while I slowly walked towards the ladies restroom. A hand lightly grabbed my forearm. My head whipped around quick. There stood Paul, with a confused face and furrowed brows. He stared at me for a few seconds in silence. "So did you want to talk about anything?" I finally spoke up. He nodded. I followed him out to the overcast muggy weather. We walked along the sidewalk without saying a word and stopped outside a pub nearby. "Did you want to go in?" I asked. He shook his head. I continued, "Well okay. What do you wa-" "What the hell was that?" He interrupted quietly. He looked me straight in the eyes. "I've come up with so many things. Are you real? Is this all in my head? Are you a ghost? An alien?" He quickly asked. I chuckled, "An alien?" His eyes widen, "Well you did disappear in the middle of the day on my sidewalk!" He said defensively. "Sshh!" I scolded. He paced back and forth, "Then explain it to me because I feel like I've gone mad." I nodded, "Okay. We'll have to go somewhere quiet."

We ended up in St. John's Gardens.
"So," I started, "for whatever reason, I keep returning to this time period." I stated. Paul stopped dead in his tracks, "As in... yer from a different time period?" I nodded in response. He huffed, "That's a load of bollocks." I rolled my eyes, "Did you or did you not see me disappear?" He stared at me until the realization hit him, "No. No. No. How? That doesn't make any sense. It's not possible. Bloody hell, I really AM going mad. They're gonna lock me up. I won't ever see the light of day again. I'll never see my family again! And the band! Fuck, I'll never be able to play any music. We've been doing so well! We've just been recorded for tv!" He rambled as he sat himself on the grass with his face in his hands. "Paul," I looked around and saw the strange looks from other people, "Paul, get up. People are staring." I said through my teeth. A lady and her son walked by us with judgmental stares. "Hi how are ya?" I waved and smiled. "Let's go." She hurried the young boy. Paul was still rambling on into his hands. I sighed and sat down across from him, "If you're going mad, then I am too." He stopped talking and slid his face up to look at me. He admired at my pink dress. He took of his sweater and said, "Sit on this. I don't want yer dress to get dirty."

We said nothing for the next several minutes. He sprawled out on the grass and stared at the grey sky. After about 5 minutes, Paul broke the quietness. "What's it like?" he asked. "The future?" I questioned back.
"Yeah."
"Hmm," I thought, "technologically, far more advanced."
"Like flying cars?" He perked up.
"No, sorry. Flying cars are still not a thing." I giggled.
He threw himself on his back to the grass once more, "Hpmh, what kind of future is it then if there are no flying cars?"
I laughed, "There's still a lot of great things though!"
"Then tell me." He instructed.
I shook my head, "That's probably not a good idea."
He sat himself up on his right arm, "Why not? I won't tell anyone. Swear. It's not like me mates would believe me." He laughed.
"Think you'll just have to wait and see." I winked.
"Wait," he sat up all the way, "you 'aven't told me when yer from?"
"Oh yeah," I agreed, "I'm from 2019. I was - uh am? Going to be?" I tripped over my words, "Whatever, born in 1998." I finally got out with a chuckle.
His eyes widen immensely, "1998??? 2019?!" He scooted closer to me, "What's the music like? How do people dress? Are there robots? How are you getting here? Could you take me with you to 2019?"
I put my hands up, "Woah woah hold on." I thought of how I could tell him about the future without giving away too much. "There are, what feels like, hundreds of genres of music. There are so many styles that people are wearing. As for how I'm getting here," I sucked in a deep breathe, "I fall asleep and sometimes wake up here." I answered honestly.
"That's it?" He asked puzzled.
"Yup that's it. That's how I kept ending up in obscure spots and clothes. I was showing up here wearing whatever it is I fell asleep in." I explained.
"Ooohhh! So that's why you never have shoes." He snickered.
"Yes exactly." I said.
"Too bad you don't sleep in the nude." He smirked.
I was taken aback by his boldness.
"Paul!" My face felt hot.
He waved his hand, dismissing his remark, "Oh it's only a joke."
I stifled a grin.
"What happens to the band?!" He whispered loud and eagerly.
"I..." I debated telling him anything at all.
He stopped me, "No. Never mind. I don't want to know anything about my future. I'd rather just live my life."
"Sounds like a good idea." I concurred.