Pete forever, Ringo never!

It had been nearly a month and I had yet returned to the young men back in Liverpool. At that point, I didn't know if it even really happened. On the other hand, I was somewhat relieved I had not been back. In the back of my mind, there was the thought of possibly getting stuck in that time period. Of course I was a fan of the music but it didn't mean I felt that I had belonged there. The 60s was an unjust era for many groups of people. I knew that I couldn't romanticize such an age because I knew the harsh reality of it.

Eventually after a month and a few days, the events of Liverpool had started to deteriorate in my mind. I was beginning to move on from the idea of being able to visit again. I was grateful to have even been there and seen them. I thought, "I could die happy and fulfilled now." However, just when I thought all was done, almost a month and a half later I would be sucked right back in time.

"Relax hon. It'll be okay, take a deep breathe and just walk away from it for a second. Okay?" I comforted. My sister nodded with frustrated tears running down her cheeks and onto her math homework. She had a much harder time than other kids with school and homework every week was an ordeal. I remember specifically going to bed later than usual that night because of it. She followed me into my room, "Why do you have these up still? You barely listen to them anymore." She said picking up the Hard Days Night vinyl that was propped up on my desk. "Mm I haven't noticed." I lied. I didn't want to get hung up on them anymore. I knew if I did, I would've just wanted to go back. Most likely just getting my hopes up in the end. "Oh well alright. I'm gonna go to bed now. Thanks Sarah I love you, night." she said with exhaustion and walked out. "Love you too." I turned to see the faces on the vinyls staring at me. I went over and covered it with a Lana Del Rey vinyl. I took a deep sigh and sat on the little grey couch that sat in the corner of my room. I slipped off my black flats and rested myself on my side to watch whatever mindless shows played on tv. While they played on, I decided to let my mind play the memories from the cavern once more.

"Jeez get out the way, will ya?!" I felt a hit on my leg. My eyes peeled open and before I could take in my surroundings, I knew that I had returned. Much like my first visit, I was lying up against the wall outside of the cavern.
I pushed myself up and steadily stood onto my feet. I had fallen asleep in my favorite fuzzy pink sweater and knee length black skirt. Of course without anything to cover my exposed feet.
"Pete forever, Ringo Never!" the young chanting crowd around me said. Amongst the people I saw a fist thrown and could hear some harsh words exchanged between a couple of boys.
My god it was them again. And there was Ringo! I had a giant smile plastered on my face. Which might've looked odd considering I had witnessed a brief fight. Pushing through the crowd, Paul was holding onto Ringo while John held onto George. After somewhat reaching to the outskirts of it all, Paul looked my way and stopped dead in his tracks. Locking eyes, he shouted, "Come on, yeah?" My mouth went dry and my body floated towards him without hesitation.