[Chapter Four]

My mother dropped Elliot off, and as we drove home, she didn't say anything. I knew she was trying to figure out what to say, because she's never went through something like this before. I'm her only daughter, and the only one who has ever had this type of unwanted experience with a boy who is her best friend. But Elliot isn't my best friend anymore.

"Liv, he kissed you?" She questioned, as we pulled into our driveway.

"Mom, please." I begged, as I turned to look at her. She frowned deeply when she saw the tears that still hadn't dried on my cheeks.

"Oh, love." She whispered, and I shook my head as I went to get out of the car. She quickly locked the door and looked at me.

"Olivia, why did he kiss you? Did you ask?" She mused, and I quickly shook my head.

"I didn't want him to kiss me. Mom, I love having him as just a friend! I don't even know if I'm ready to be kissed by a boy, but he stole my first kiss and it makes me so angry." I huffed, and she sighed as she reached over and gently caressed my cheek.

"If it was a kiss you wanted, just don't count it as your first. You can still have your first kiss with a boy when you are much older. When you are ready." She spoke, and I nodded slowly. I grabbed her hand and just held it for a few minutes, as I looked at her watch.

"Can we still be friends, even after I yelled at him? I like talking to him, Mom." I whispered, and she smiled gently at me.

"Love, you should talk to him tomorrow. Call him and address the issues. But right now, I think I'm going to move the car so your father and you can play some basketball."

[*]

After breakfast and I finished my homework, I called Elliot and waited for him to pick up. When he finally did, I didn't know what to say.

"The Stabler residence. Elliot speaking." He answered, and I swallowed hard.

"Hello?" He asked, and right before he hung up, I spoke.

"Elliot, it's me. Liv." I spoke, and he went silent. I couldn't even hear his breathing.

"Can we still be friends? Please say we can." I begged, as I already felt tears welling in my eyes.

"Why were you so mean to me? I thought you wanted me to kiss you." He spoke, and I sighed as I gnawed on my bottom lip.

"Elliot, I never told you that I wanted you to kiss me. I thought that we were just friends, because I help you with your homework, and you sit and talk to me at lunch. Our parents are friends, so we hang out a decent amount already." I replied.

"Maybe I don't want to be just friends, Olivia. Just leave me alone. You are such a freak." He huffed, as he hung up. As soon as my phone started to buzz, I started to cry.

I slammed the phone back into its cradle before running from the living room and out into the back yard where my mother and father were fixing the swing on the back porch.

"Mom!" I sobbed, as I went running towards her.

"Liv? What's wrong?" My mother exclaimed, as she quickly dropped the hammer and met me half way.

"Elliot hates me! He called me a freak!" I sobbed, and she frowned as she wrapped her arms around me and pulled me close. She rubbed my back as I sobbed into her shoulder and clung to her tightly.

"Sweetie I'm so sorry! He'll come around, I promise!" She exclaimed, as she pressed her cheek to my hair.

"Mom, I am a freak! I'm the only kid that was adopted in my school! No one wants to talk to me because I'm a nerd and because I'm not pretty! I lucked out with Elliot but then I lost him because I'm stupid!" I sobbed, and she couldn't try and calm me down because I was so far gone. I was crying and feeling like a complete idiot to think that Elliot or anyone would be my friend on purpose.

[*]

Sunday we went to church and I sat staring at my hands because Elliot and his family were closer to the front. I could see his stupid haircut from where we sat, and I wanted to talk to him, but he never wanted to talk to me again.

But when Monday came, I walked into the school and saw Elliot talking to this girl that has had a crush on him since he started last week. She talked to me about it, but I never told Elliot because I didn't want to lose him to the popular cyclone that sucks up all of the new kids.

At lunch I sat alone, until Elliot and the girl came and sat at the end of my table.

"Elliot, why'd you move to this school?" She questioned, as she hung over him. Clearly liking boys came earlier to some of my classmates then others.

"My mom got a new job. Then she also met this lady who could help drop me off at home." Elliot spoke, and I swallowed hard.

"My mom could pick you up. Then we could hang out more." She smiled.

"Yeah, that might work out because I don't talk to Olivia anymore." He huffed, as he took a drink from his milk, as he looked at me for a moment.

"That Olivia? She's adopted you know." She whispered, and Elliot nodded.

"Yeah, but she got adopted for a good reason." Elliot spoke, which surprised me as I picked at my food. Because he stood up for me, the girl, Tara, started to question it.

"Why did she get adopted?" Tara questioned, and Elliot sighed as he thought about what to say.

"Her mom was beating her." He spoke, telling the truth. Tears ran down my cheeks as I picked up my tray and slammed it down, just so I could be dramatic.

Everyone looked at me, and I looked at Elliot.

"I told you that and it was meant to be a secret. Elliot. You know that." I cried, before stumbling from the lunch room.

[*]

I went into the library and I hid in the corner of the room, and as I sat and cried into my torn jeans, I heard my voice whispered. I looked up and saw Elliot standing there, a guilty look covering his face.

"Go hang out with your girlfriend. Leave me alone." I hissed, and he shook his head as he sat down next to me.

"She's not my girlfriend. I'm sorry for saying that, Liv." He frowned, and I shook my head, as I wiped a few tears from my cheek.

"Are you sorry enough to be my friend again?" I asked, and he shook  his head.

"I don't have to be your pity friend." He whispered, and I swallowed hard.

"So no friend then." I huffed.

"I'll be your friend again, as long as you forget about what I did, okay?" He spoke, and I looked ahead for a few minutes to make him anxious, before I turned and looked at him.

"Okay, but please don't talk to Tara. She's just an attention whore." I whispered, and he laughed a bit before hugging me.

"Okay. Lets go share that sandwich." He smirked as he pulled me to my feet.

"The one I told you to throw away last week?!" I whispered as loudly as I could without getting in trouble.

"I swear that it's still good!"

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D