[Chapter Thirteen]

I heard Cynthia walk away from the door as I started to sob. Everything just hit me so hard today, and I just needed to let it all out. I needed to cry and hopefully if I cry right now, tomorrow and for the rest of Cynthia's time here I will be able to bottle everything up.

"Bean, are you in there?" My mother questioned, as she knocked lightly on my bedroom door.

"Go away!" I yelled, as I laid in the fetal position on my bed as I sobbed.

"Olivia, unlock the door. Don't make me go find my key." She warned, and I didn't care.

"Go ahead! Find the damn key!" I yelled. I grabbed my comforter and pulled it over my body. I clung to it as I continued to sob, and I was hoping my mother would forget where she hid the key. I'm surprised she hasn't given it to Cynthia yet, because everything that is mine seems to be hers now.

[*]

My mother lost where the key to my room was, so she didn't come up and bother me until my father got home from work. I had calmed a bit, and had finished my homework. As the door was broken in, I was walking out of my bathroom with only a towel wrapped around my body.

"What the hell?" I yelled, as I quickly ran back into the bathroom.

"Olivia, what the hell is happening with you?" My father questioned, as I hid behind the bathroom door.

"Get out of my room!" I exclaimed, and he sighed.

"Bean, come on." He spoke, and I frowned.

"Dad, just give me some time. I need to get dressed. And it's late. I have school in the morning." I spoke.

"It's almost midnight. I think if you wanted to, you could stay up later." He replied.

"Well why does this matter so much to you?" I questioned.

"Because you had a hard day, and as your father I need to make sure that you didn't get hurt."

"Not physically Dad, but I'm pretty damn upset about everything that happened today. So back off, and give me space." I spoke, and he groaned.

"Come on, bean." He sighed.

"Get out."

[*]

Eventually my mother came into my room with Cynthia and they quietly put away the clothes they bought her in my dresser and in my closet. I sat up and watched as my mother tried to shove all of my jeans into a drawer that was already filled with sweatshirts.

I climbed out of bed and grabbed all of them from her, and tossed them onto my desk chair.

"Want me to divide my desk in half so Cynthia can have a good portion of it?" I questioned, as I turned to look at them.

"Olivia don't be like this." My mother sighed, and I looked at her as tears welled in my eyes.

"How am I being? You just left me at school today without telling me if you could come get me or not. Dad wouldn't even let me stay at the precinct, instead I walked for 3 hours to get home. I have the right to be upset, because I'm pretty sure Cynthia is going to be adopted by you and Dad, and I'll have no say whatsoever. I just guess that since I haven't had to deal with the troubles of being hurt recently, that I don't matter anymore." I huffed, and my mother sighed as she squeezed the bridge of her nose.

"You matter, you are my daughter." She spoke, but I shook my head.

"I'm Serena's daughter. I'm nothing to you." I replied, before going into the bathroom and slamming the door.

[*]

Cynthia knocked on the door when my mother left the room and I slowly opened it.

"I'll move my stuff so you can have your stuff back." Cynthia spoke, and I shook my head.

"No, it's fine." I spoke, and she watched me as I went over and grabbed a few bags from the top of my closet.

"Where are you going?" She asked, as I started to pack my clothes up.

"Elliot's. I know he hates me right now, but you deserve them more than I do." I sighed, as I finished packing one bag.

"I'm not trying to steal your parents. I'm sorry that this is all happening." She breathed, and I nodded.

"Yeah. My mom loves to throw herself into everything, and just this time it's you. I just need you to do something for me." I spoke, and she nodded.

"Of course. You have did so much for me already." She breathed.

"Don't tell them where I went. Just tell them that I'm okay. I'll figure something out soon, but right now I just need to get out. Also, Bailey will come barreling in here around 4, and since I'm guessing you are staying home tomorrow because it's late, take her for a walk around the neighborhood so she doesn't annoy you all day." I spoke, and swallowed hard.

"I'm really sorry, Liv." She spoke, and I sat my bag down before going and hugging her.

"I'm sorry about everything that has happened to you."

[*]

I called Elliot, and he picked me up at the end of my road after I walked out of my house. He got out and grabbed my bags before putting them in the car as I climbed in.

"Liv, are you alright?" Elliot asked, as I leaned my head against the window.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks for getting me." I spoke, and he nodded as he placed a hand to my arm and pulled me over to him. His car was still old school enough it didn't have seat belts, but he was getting to putting them in. He leaned my head against his shoulder as he wrapped his arm around my waist and held me close.

"Can we forget about earlier?" He asked, and I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm sorry." I spoke, and he smiled gently.

"I'm sorry too." He spoke, as I started to feel my eyes close.

"I think my parents want to adopt Cynthia." I yawned as I fell asleep.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D