[Chapter Seventy-Four]

The next morning I couldn't even get ready without getting sick. I was thankful for Elliot and Cynthia because they could get Chris up and off to his t-ball practice, while I pretty much slept in our bathroom hugging the toilet.

"Your phone is ringing, Liv," Elliot spoke, as he came into the bathroom and woke me up. I sat up and grabbed my phone from him, before answering it.

"Hello?" I questioned weakly.

"Olivia, it's Dr. Maddison. We got the results back from your blood test." She spoke, happily.

"Am I okay?" I questioned.

"You are, and congratulations are in order for you and Elliot. You are pregnant, and it's really early, but it's clear." She spoke, and I smiled a bit.

"Thanks... what do I need to do?" I yawned because I was just so sick and tired that even if I knew I was pregnant, I didn't have enough energy to show excitement.

"I need you to start taking prenatal vitamins. If your morning sickness doesn't ease a bit, and you can't eat and such, I need you to come in. I'll schedule an appointment for you in a couple of weeks. Congrats again." She spoke, before ending the call. I closed my eyes and passed my phone to Elliot.

"Who called?" He asked, and I sighed as I closed my eyes again.

"Dr. Maddison. I'm pregnant." I whispered.

"What?!" He exclaimed, and I looked over at him and smiled.

"You wanted a baby, and we are getting one now."

[*]

I had started to feel better around noon and decided to go with Elliot to pick up Chris. When he got there, our son was sitting on the bench with a few of his friends.

"Do we tell him now? I don't know if I can wait! I'm so excited!" Elliot exclaimed, and I smiled a bit as we climbed out of the car, and I walked around to his side of the car.

"Elliot, you are worse than when you were younger. You are like when we celebrated Christmas when we were 14, and when your parents got you that skateboard. You couldn't wait till it stopped snowing to go use it, and you fell and split your chin wide open."

"Okay, we will wait, but I won't be happy about it." He spoke, before grabbing my hand. Elliot leaned in and kissed me several times, but Chris noticed us at this point and was sprinting towards us.

"Daddy! I hit the ball so far today! It went over the fence and everyone had to search for it!" He squealed, as soon as he got close.

"Good job, buddy. You are going to be so good during the games, and I promise that Mommy and I won't miss one." Elliot spoke, but I wish he wouldn't have.

With our jobs, trying to get to every game is going to be hard, maybe even impossible. With Serena, Cynthia, Bernie, and Joseph, Christopher would've had at least a few people there if we couldn't, but we can't count on Serena anymore.

"Good! I'm gonna make sure we win! Come on, I wanna go home and show you what I learned!" Christopher exclaimed, and I smiled. Elliot took him to the car, and I picked up my son's bag before heading towards the car.

I put it in the back before deciding that maybe I should at least go talk to Serena... maybe get her a lawyer so she isn't stuck in jail for a full year, maybe a few months so that she gets everything into perspective.

[*]

"You will get your gun and handcuffs back once you are done with the visit. No touching and beware that the visit is taped." The officer spoke, and I nodded.

"Gotcha. I'm a cop, I've talked to perps before." I tried to joke, but she was stone cold and staring me down.

"Okay, not funny. Alright, I'll go see my mother now."

I walked away and got patted down, before being escorted into a visitation room. I sat down and waited, and after a while, Serena walked in. Her hair was in a messy ponytail, and she looked so weird in an orange jumpsuit. She stopped when she saw me and frowned deeply.

"So you can come to see me now, but not when I need you to bail me out?" She asked, and I sighed.

"Mom, I'm sorry." I sighed.

"You are always-"

"I'm really am sorry. I just haven't seen you in like a month, and when I get a call saying you are in jail, I couldn't help but think that you'd be better off in here for a bit. You just ran off and didn't say a thing to us."

"You kicked me out, even if I tried to fight you on it." She huffed, and I nodded.

"Yeah, but I had a real reason. And you went and got high anyway."

"I tried not too. Liv, please get me out of here. I swear I'll stay sober this time. I was-"

"Mom, you can't tell Cy or anyone, but I'm pregnant..."

"What?" She breathed, and I smiled softly.

"I'm pregnant and now I have to think about not only Chris but also the baby. Now we can't tell anyone else yet because it's still early, but I just want you to know why I can't just get you out."

"But if I stay in here, I can be in your life when I get out?" She asked.

"If you stay in here I think that you may be able to stay on the wagon, you can come to stay with us. Alright?"

"Alright... I just really want to be with my family." She whispered, and I nodded.

"I know you do. Everyone wants to be with their family. Now, you'll get out of here before the year is up. Probably six months at the most. Just be good, respect the guards."

"Okay, I think I can do that. I love you, Liv. Thanks for seeing me."

"Of course. Now, don't forget to keep that secret." I laughed softly, and she smiled.

"I'm excited, and it'll be hard, but I'll try." She smiled. I looked at the guard before standing up and walking over to him.

"Can you possibly let me hug my mother for a quick moment. It'll be less than a minute." I breathed, and he sighed as he looked at me.

"Make it quick." He replied. I quickly walked over to Serena and hugged her tightly until the guard cleared his throat.

"I'll see you soon, alright? I love you, Mom."

"I love you too, Livvie. Thanks. Tell Chrissy that I love him!"

"I plan on it!"

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D