Chapter 2 Worries

(Thank you for those who have read this story so far (: You can listen to the video too while you read.)

"Reality always felt real, but right now it feels fake."

--------------

My head was throbbing as I felt the cool water carry me to shore. I couldn't tell where I was for sure but I assume I was near the peir. My eyes slowly open but covered them quickly from the sun's light. Everything felt new, different, and depressed, thats all I could feel and soon enough see. My eyes finally adjusted to the bright light and my legs finally woke up. I stretched not even caring at what was around me, I just wanted to feel relief from the numb limbs of mine. I stretched several times before actually looking around me and I reget looking around...I reget being alive.

The smoke of fire spreaded ascross the sky as a virus. The buildings all around the beach and the peir were pieces of broken wood and cement. The ferris wheel I once was on is only broken pieces of metal floating in the sea. The peir I once stood on was gone, the people who were gone floated in ocean of red. Many dead and only a few alive. I felt like my tears would form a new ocean, my body shook from shock, my hand trembled at the thought of my friends and family gone.

My mind finally took over just to find someone I knew. I looked in the water and I saw Mariah with a peice of metal through her head, Andrew floating and i assume he died from the blow or from drowning, I was never to sure. Nick I never saw him nor did I see Brad and I hope I wouldn't.

My mind was loosing control and my body began to tremble again as waterfalls came from my eyes. I sat down and hugged my knees crying into them. Just knowing everyone I loved was gone, I didn't know if I had a house at this point from seeing the wreckage here. I sat there for hours just wanting to wake up just wanting to know that i was dreaming a horrible nightmare.

I cried so much I ran out of tears, I didn't even know that possible. My mind started thinking radical thoughts about ending it, why I was the only one left, and what caused all of this. My body started reacting to those thoughts but only the first one. I looked over and saw a bunch of glass, I assume it was from a house window. My finger ran along the glass cutting me, the blood dripped down into the sand. I must die, I must see my family in the afterlife. I held the glass agaisnt my skin just wanting to push and slice.

My hand twitched and the cold glass pressed against my skin. I took in a deep breath and started to move it across my neck but stopped at a sound of a vocie, yelling for me. The yell got louder and louder I finally set the glass down and took a look to see who it was. I thought my eyes were tricking me, but for once I knew this wasn't a dream it was Brad screaming out Mariah's, Nick's, Andrew's and mine name. I got up and yelled back, "Brad I'm on the beach." soon enough he was running to me.

With a faint smile of his only asked, "Do you know where the other are."

"Not all of them, Mariah and Andrew are dead and Nick I haven't seen his body. You're the first I have seen well at least alive." We both sighed a heavy breath.

"Wheres the peir he could be there." A worried sound came from his vocie.

"The peir is gone." I pointed my finger to a log that once held the peir still in place. His head shook in disbelief knowing that his little brother, which I didn't know that Nick was his brother, was dead. He hugged me and started crying, I stood there hugging back because I already cried all the tears that I could.

"Come on lets go see if any of our families are alive." He shook his and we both walked towards where my house was. I watched the sun set behind the trees that stood. "Wait why were the trees still standing not even moved or bent" I question this for a few mintues then put it in the back of my mind.

What seem like a hour or two driving was now feeling like a day journey. Stepping over debris, bodies and anywhere in between, we came up to a small nieghborhood and looked down the line of ruin houses. All blown away from the place the glow started from, but yet all the trees stood tall and mighty, but not the ones that had peices of house and people hit them.

The animals we saw were either bleeding, dead or normal. The normal ones acted like nothing happen and walked around freely chasing other animals. Any animal that got hurt or died was from the debris of houses. Some of the animals laid at where their owner's house use to be and sometimes laying on the body of the owner.

We took a step and my foot landed on a stick and broke it. All the eyes from animals in the night turned toward us, staring at us like food. The glow in their eyes suggested they were hungry and soon to be growls and barks. We knew to turn and run, so we both did just that and ran back towards the beach. Which was now at least a mile or two away.

We could only hear the pitter patter of paws hitting the ground behind us becoming faster and faster. The night soon became too dark for us to see and now we didn't know what or who we were stepping on.

Brad's POV:

"Everything is so wrong, I wish this was a dream heck a nightmar would do." My legs are grew tired from both walking and running, but I had to keep running or I was as good as dead. "I could always trip Matt. No why would I do that, but it would make sure I could get away." I could feel the blisters on my feet begining to pop to only let blood stain my socks and shoes red. Either I survive or we both die. I regeted doing it to him but I had to make a choice. So I reach my arm out to hold his hand. Once he grabbed it, I said sorry and pulled him down to the ground and kept running not looking back, not trying to listen to the screams that could fill the night sky...... "Im sorry Matt, your cute and everything but I need to find my family."

--------------------------

(Sorry if these are short, I can't tell the length until after i publish them, but thanks for reading this so far!)