Chapter 18 The Race, The End

"Why are some problems take longer to solve than others"

-----

Matt's POV:

     Our footsteps were matching each other one after another. We noticed that the illusions were getting faster and faster. This time it was a forest coming up and a waterfall, We. Both saw a army appear and Watetfall appear too. As i got ready to kill the Blinded Lady, she leaped towards WaterFall and sending a spike through his head.

     I was shocked seeing that even though he was just killed beforre she did it without ease. The illusion disappeared and I didnt know why. Shhe looked at me,"I knew what the problem was, WaterFall he left those men alive and because of it we had to run for that time." I didnt know what to say but just to look at her.

     Blinded Lady looked at me with a sadened look and she took off running to the tree. I loked in that direction and could see the tree top.  The leaves changed color in the wind. I could only see the beauty of it but I looked down and saw Blinded Lady in the distance and soon I took off after her. 

     After another mile it was time for my problem, a small town appear with a broken masion. The place where i was held and the place where i failed to save people. I could sense the Blinded Lady behind me, I sighed and kicked her in the gut sending her out of the town. I let another sigh come out and bit my lip making it bleed.  Fire grew all around me and soon fire ate all of the town. After all the fire was gone, the town was too. Blinded Lady dropped her stone dagger and laughed, "well shall we get a move on then." We instead of running walked, it was nice knowing how far we got but still sad from what we had to do.

        We didn't have to worry about anyone coming to us because we would see them before they saw us. "So FireWall how far are you going to put back time?" I gave a laughed

        "Remember time will go back to before the tree came down."

        "O ya, i meant to say what are you going to do with your life, more so after this."

        I took a deep thought about it, "Seeing how we turned out, most likely a mass mureder." We both laughed at the comment, "We not really, but it I wanted to be doctor, saving people lifes was the best thing to do, but it will be hard now even more to now."

        I was about to ask her but we came upon the tree. The trees around the mighty one was curved and twisted, I was in awe. The tree lady appeared, "Looks like you made it, but your jounery isnt over yet." I looked at her in confused then turned to the Blinded Lady and I grew fear into me.

        The Blined Lady was fading away same with the tress all around me, even the mighty tree was fading away. "Whats going on here!"

        The Blinded Lady smiled and a tear went down her face, "Wake up."

        I looked at her with fear, "What do you mean, wake up what do you mean." Before I could finished my words everything was gone besides the tree lady. She smiled and gave me a hug crying.

        "FireWall, your true name is Matt, you are in 11th grade at SeaPort Highschool. You have a loving family that has a mother, father, two younger sisters, and a older brother and a older sister. They are waiting for you." I felt shocked at what I just heard and started to cry, the tree lady disappear too.

        Beep.....Beep.....Beep...Beep, "What am I hearing, what is that nosie make it stop....Why cant I move my arms or legs....where am I." My legs felt like lead and my arms just the same, my body felt numb but once in a while pain would shoot through it. My hear can barely hear but I hear someone crying... I couldnt tell who was crying. After a few minutes of laying there all the wait on my limbs subsided and I sat up, the crying stopped as soon as I did. My eyes werent open yet, so slowly I open eyes just to close them again after bright lights went into them.

        I tried to speak but I couldn't, so i tried to open my eyes again, and this time it worked. I saw people, two children, two adults and two people older than me but still close to my age. My eyes adjusted and I saw their faces, and I knew who they were. Tears ran down my face and from that they all came and hugged me not letting go.

        Words finally came from my mouth, "Mom...Dad...I love you." I could feel their tears down my face....After a hour of hugging and crying I finally ask, "Where are we and how did we get here."

        They looked at me with sadness then my mom spoke up, "Son we are at SeaPort Hospital, you were in a car accident that sent you into acoma, six months ago.... your friends in the car didn't make it besides you and the driver, Brad." Before I could process what she said, My mind kept thinking she has the Blinded Lady's vocie.

        A flashback hit me like car...actually it was a car, I remember as we were driving to the dock for the ferris wheel, I could see a car slamming into ours sending us rounding onto the beach. It went dark and soon I could remember opening my eyes to see Mariah with metal in her head and Andrew floating in the water but I didn't see Nick.

        A deep breath came from me and soon everyone told me everything, as they spoke I could match the vocies, Hawkeye was my father, Macho Man my older Brother, Mrs. Sparks My older sister, Blinded Lady's niece was my first younger sister, and the child hanging that was nail to the wall was the other younger sister.

        I sat there taking it all in then the door open, and I saw Brad or WaterFall....My mind was confusing itself. He saw me and ran and hugged me crying, "Im glad I didn't loose to my dear boyfriend." My mind was still waking up but when he said that it made sense, I felt betrayed by him for getting us into a car crash and thats why he tried to kill me when the animal attacked us. I knew I could hold that against him and I hugged him tight.

        My family left after a few hours and so did Brad, I sat there thinking about everything, then I looked up to see a nurse, "You have one last visitor today Matt." A women stepped in, and I was in shock she was the Tree Lady.

        She spoke, "Thank you for living, It... was me that caused the car crash, I stepped into traffic to grab my lipstick and I didn't know you guys came down the road, Brad swung the stirring wheel to advoid me but after passing me another car t-boned you." I sat there listening to her side of the story, "I have been in jail for the pass five months, for involuntary manslaughter, and the driver of the other car was sent to prison for illagel speeding. But I was let out of jail today and a few times before to see how you were doing."

        The only words came out was, "Thank you....is there a way to get you out of jail...I don't want a something like this to haunt you for the rest of your life." She looked shocked same with the police officer outside the door. Her mouth hanged open, "Please....I don't want you suffering for what happen five months ago." Tears came down my face from knowing how being locked up could feel.

The woman ran over to me and gave me a hug and cried. I could guess what she was thinking.

---2 Years Later---

        My hand stopped as for typing three straight hours made it hurt. I looked at this piece of writing that I made smilling at it. I moved the mouse to the save & publish button with one click my story went across many screens. Brad came out of the bathroom, "Are you finally done with that story of yours."

        "Yes I am hun, I just have to think of a name....wait I know, I'll call it, That Day that Changed the World." We both smiled, I gave him a kiss and I turned my computer off, we got up and went outside to enjoy the rest of our lives.