Chapter Two: Mankind Up Close

*Y/N's POV*

The blue sea. It was as beautiful up close than the view up above. The way that the waves rise and fall. Including the sound that it makes.

I was so hypnotized by it's color that I forgot I was falling. I panicked and used my wings to slow down my descent. I knew that I had to hurry before anyone witnesses my flight. When my feet reached the sand I briefly scanned the area.

"No human in sight." I sighed in relief.

"My child, can you hear me?" A familiar whisper echoed in my head.

"Yes my lord. The landing was a success." I told him.

"Wonderful. Now you have landed on an island titled "Uchira". The language here is very unique. But you'll catch on quickly." He informed.

"I suppose that the core is in this area?" I guessed.

"Indeed. But it won't be easy to find, that's why I gave you supplies. In your pocket is a compass to find the core. Follow it and it shall lead you there, but be aware of dangers that lies ahead." His voice grew weaker after that warning.

"Humans aren't that violent, why should I be afraid?" I inquired.

"Demons and devils can appear as a human. They put on these faces to hide and lure in their prey. Including, angels. They search for them as some kind of dessert." His voice grew weaker and weaker.

"I'll be careful, my lord." I pledge.

"Good luck," His voice faded, leaving a faint echo.

I sighed and walked forward before looking back up into the blue sky.

"Follow the compass. Sounds easy enough," I mutter.

The pointed northwest, I obey and walk that direction avoiding contact with humans. I cover up my face using a modern F/C hoodie. Giving no details of my face, just in case. I didn't hesitate to look around and see what life humans live.

All of the ones that pass by me have kind and unique faces. Either walking alone or hand in hand with family or significant other. I cracked a little smile to see that peace was still here. At least the Lord's intention was still here.

I took a quick glance at the compass then looked back up. I was still to walk the same direction. I couldn't help but to smile, I had expected to see fire and everything destroyed. Apparently not.

My field of view suddenly changed when smoke was in the air. My heart sank.

"Help please! Someone call the firemen! My baby is still in there!" A woman yelled helplessly.

I was wrong... Maybe not everything is peaceful. I just landed too. But I realised that I could understand her language. Maybe my lord is translating it for me.

As an angel, I follow my instincts to help the people in need. So what better to do than help her out. I ran to the woman.

"Where is the baby?" I asked in her language.

"In the second floor, bedroom to the left! Please hurry!" She pleaded.

I ran inside and shielded my eyes from the bright flames. As I try to look around I see stairs on the vurge of crumbling to ashes. I make my way up there.

The babies cries will help me find it. I follow the noise until it lead me to the door to the bedroom. I kick it down and see fire around the babies cradle. I ran to grab the little one.

"Shh. You'll be okay. I bless you and your family, no harm shall come to you, little one." I sooth it and caress it's soft cheeks.

Now snapping back to reality, the flames grew brighter and bigger. I knew it wasn't long until this whole place comes down. A window came into view, since the stairs are destroyed I can't casually walk out. I held the child tight and run straight for it.