Chapter 1

"Shiro, how do humans court each other?"

"Uh... What?"

It had been two weeks since Keith had become an official member of team Voltron piloting the Red lion. Two weeks of hard training and team bonding that he can't say he didn't enjoy a least a little bit. Though, not without a good amount of complaining.

They had been fortunate enough not to have encountered any large Galra battlecruisers in that time. As such they had been able to focus on freeing outlying planets from Galra influence. Keith had become accustom to the team and Red and finally felt completely at home on the castle of lions.

Ever since then he had been trying to find the right moment to ask one of the humans about their courting traditions.

Any human, except Lance. If he was going to do this right he had to know how to court him and he wouldn't be doing a very good job if he had to ask Lance what to do next every step of the way.

He figured that Shiro was the most rational choice as he was the oldest, so he guessed he should start there.

The thing was, usually where there was one there was also another. And if it wasn't another human it was an Altean. But today he had found Shiro alone, exiting the showers after he finished some additional solo training.

"Courting. I believe Lance once called it dating?" Keith added, hoping that it cleared things up. He was just trying not to let his blush show. It was a little bit embarrassing having to ask someone about courting.

"Oh... um." Shiro awkwardly rubbed at the back of his neck as he looked around Keith, as if he was planning his escape. "I'm not really the one you should be asking about that sort of thing."

"Why not?" Keith took a half step over to block more of the hallway. He had to get this information.

"I'm just- you know, not good with that sort of thing." Shiro stuttered out. Keith cocked his head to the side curiously, waiting. Shiro sighed defeatedly. "I don't know much."

"You know more than me, that much is sure." Keith persisted. Shiro huffed and waved his arm in a 'follow me' motion as he turned back the way he came.

As they walked he spoke. "With humans things are... Complicated at best. Usually the man asks the woman to go on a date- though the woman could ask if she wanted, its just not as common. Then they go somewhere or do something together and talk."

"It is strange that the man must make the first move. It's not like that with the Galra." Shiro only hummed in response as he walked into the kitchen where Hunk was cooking up multiple meals at once, making enough to feed the whole team for a least a week.

"Hey Hunk, Keith has a question about humans and I'm... um... not very equip to handle it." Shiro said vaguely as he began to back out of the kitchen.

Wait! Keith thought. He had gone through all of the trouble tracking down Shiro because he thought he would be the most reasonable choice. He was the oldest so obviously he was the most likely to have the answers that Keith needed and Keith knew that he could be trusted to keep a secret.

The same could not be said about Hunk.

Don't get him wrong, Hunk was his friend and all but... Well, he was a terrible gossip.

"What could Keith need to know that you don't Shiro?" Hunk asked as he wiped his hands on his apron. There were words written across the white fabric in green marker that Hunk had once told him said, "I can give you dinner and a show"