Chapter 7

Keith and Lance were making their way to breakfast the next morning when Pidge stopped them in their tracks.

"Explain."

The two of them shared a glance before turning back to the little gremlin before them. She didn't give them a chance to answer before she was launching into a volley of questions.

"You said a Kalan was a Galra 'soulmate' right? What does that mean? Do you guys have superpowers when you're together or something? Did you know the whole time? Are you dating now? Or are you just automatically married?"

"Pidge-"

"Is there going to be PDA on this ship!?" Pidge pointed her finger at them with this statement and narrowed her eyes. "If you guys get gross and gooey I'm gonna kick my foot so far up-"

"Woah!" Hunk's deep voice called out from behind Pidge as he walked a bit faster towards the group. "What's happening here?"

"I want answers!" Pidge's small but intimidating form demanded.

"We aren't married and we won't 'PDA' around you." Lance said as he rolled his eyes.

"Lance..." Keith whispered and leaned closer as his eyes darted around the others. "What's a PDA?"

Lance smiled. His poor alien soulmate had a lot to learn. "Personal display of affection. Hand holding, kissing, hugging."

"Oh. So, we won't do that... around Pidge?"

"She doesn't like it, but we can do it when she isn't around if you want-"

"I'm standing right here!"

"Okay guys!" Hunk stepped between everyone with his hands up in a placating manner. "I made breakfast, why don't we all go eat?"

"But I have more quest-"

"Ah-ah-ah, ask and eat. Ask and eat." Hunk began to push Pidge in the direction of the dinning room. She grumbled but picked up her feet and complied. Keith and Lance followed behind. They hadn't even been awake for an hour and they had already been attacked by the Pidgeon.

Lance nudged Keith's shoulder with his own and smiled. "Guess we'll be playing 20 questions over our Hunk improved space goo."

"She seems pretty serious about getting her answers."

"She's the paladin of the green lion for a reason." They both laughed, the feeling of contentment bouncing back and forth between them.

When at breakfast Pidge had to be reminded to eat as she grilled the two of them for details. And then she had to be reminded politely by the princess that she shouldn't yell with a mouth full of food. Then she was told that some questions were off limits and that if she kept talking about it that Keith would probably spontaneously combust.

All in all, it was a relatively eventful breakfast that involved embarrassment and outing themselves to the entire team, but it wasn't too bad. Everyone was pretty much their family after all. Though there was some concern about how this relationship would be progressing and evolving in the middle of a space war everyone was still happy for them.

Before everyone left the table Allura informed them that they would be worm holing shortly and the other groups would be following through. They would be landing on Genopia within the hour and the paladins needed to be ready to be planet side before then.

As a group the paladins suited up and started towards the lion's hangars, but two of them stayed back.

Red and Blue stood in a private hallway and began to carry a soft conversation.