CHAPTER ONE

___

Reincarnation. I never knew such a thing can happen to someone like me. I would have appreciated it very much if I were reborn as a rock and live steadily until the day I got crushed into ashes.

But both the fate and the world itself said no and conspired against me, literally reincarnating me into the world of the most popular webtoon I've first read, and the genre?

Damned angst.

What a shitty reincarnated life. Being a girl who was deprived of care and affection yet provided with material needs by my parents made me feel pathetic. But as if I needed love, what a hypocrite.

And then here's the new me in a new world, not even having a single difference to my past life. It was like I'm mirroring my past self in my new and current self.

It would have been nicer if the world I got reincarnated into is in modern era, but to hell with it! It's a historical fiction written by a Filipino author. I admit, I liked the story because it was written by a fellow Filipino, but I never knew their story would end up happening to me.

Now, where do I have to start?

Right, I woke up in a small body of a child around the age of 8

Right, I woke up in a small body of a child around the age of 8. I panicked at that time and the first thought I had: AM I A GIRL?! PLEASE BE A GIRL!

And hurray! I am indeed a girl. Having a pale white skin and complexion made me look like a malnourished kid. Her long silver white hair was smooth and straight. And that cute shiny diamond eyes that reflects other colors is pretty mesmerizing.

This character is someone I wasn't familiar with, so I thought I just naturally thought that this angelic face is what I've become in Heaven. An angel...

But nope, a maid suddenly decided to burst in into my room and that alone made me realize that this is reincarnation. Well, why did I even panicked about my gender the first thing I woke up?

I should have worried whether this world is bearable or not at all.

But what could even be more worse than the life I lived before as Lana Perez? This is nothing-

"Young miss, the Marquess wants to see you and the rest of the young masters and miss."

"Hold up, did you just say Marquess?" I blankly asked, not minding the confusion etched on her face. Heck, I'm confused too!

The maid hesitantly replied. "...yes young miss. The Marquess Ambrosia, milady's father. Have you forgotten, perhaps?"

The way she speaks informally and formally, what a confusing combination of speaking. Not like I'm saying she needs to be more respectful to me because of her status.