CHAPTER EIGHT

___

Coincidence or not, I'm grateful to see Hyacinth here.

"P-pardon me, young master. I am simply educating the young lady her mannerisms." The maid responded with her head hanging low. Lily urged her to straighten her posture, which the latter did as she hide  behind her master for protection.

"It is not Rizabelle's fault, Hyacinth. You don't need to get agitated by the situation." Lily told him with a gentle voice, maintaining her graceful composure.

Hyacinth scoffed, obsidian eyes glaring at his older sister. "Are you saying I have to let the audacity of a mere maid to harm a noble girl slide?"

"There is no harm done, she simply gave our dearest sister a warning," she retorted, crossing her arms. "It wasn't that hard of a push, am I right, Rizabelle?"

The maid nodded eagerly. "Yes! Yes, milady!"

And so Lily smiled. "See? It seems our youngest sister only lost her balance. She needs a healthy lifestyle from now on."

My forehead creased, eyebrows almost met in between. She really tries her best to justify the wrong and find fault in me.

"Then are you saying you still won't do anything if she did fall down the stairs?" He questioned, his tone of voice almost rising from annoyance.

Is he genuinely worried? Or was it the reputation of the family that he's worried about? I have no clue.

"Why are you so concerned?" She countered, pink eyes twitching in frustration, her brows almost meeting at the middle of her creased forehead.

"And why are you defending the one who has wronged our sister?" He cornered, in which made him and Lily stuck in an intense glaring contest.

I blinked my eyes at the situation. I have no idea whether I can just walk away or stay with them to listen to their argument. Even the mere sight of the maid who glanced at me with a smirk makes my head hurt. This made internally sigh.

Should I just leave?

Before I can even try to stand up on my own and get out of his hold, I almost stumbled down if it weren't for his sudden support

Before I can even try to stand up on my own and get out of his hold, I almost stumbled down if it weren't for his sudden support. "Ack!"

"Hey." Looking down to my foot, my ankle seems bruised. His forehead creased, a frown evident on his face. "Your ankle is sprained."

I don't know why, but I feel embarassed at the situation. Replying in a low weak voice, I only muttered. "I know."

"Look at that brother. Even her way of speaking, such an ill-mannered lady." Lily didn't let the opportunity pass to degrade me. I already knew she's worse than Rose, because this sister of mine is much more cunning and uses her appearance wisely.