CHAPTER FOUR

___

"Does this make you happy?"

Silence. Everyone seems confused, even Aster whose all smiles earlier turned pale. "Are you pertaining to me-"

"Who else?" I snapped, making him surprised. Bet he doesn't expect his timid little sister to suddenly talk back and even cut off his words. "Is this fun to you? Do I look like a guinea pig? Wait, no, even this kind of meal is an insult to them."

It probably made sense to him that he needs to apologize even if it wasn't sincere, but I didn't give him the chance. "Why don't you taste it then? You think it was nice? Huh?"

"Huuuh? Uh, what-"

I felt like my eyes stared at him with malice that made him shiver. Ignoring whatever judgemental stares this problematic family is shooting at me, I chose to tidy myself up for a little bit. A table napkin isn't enough, but it was still helpful to wipe away the stains.

"Y-young miss, we shall serve you a new meal."

"No need. I lost my appetite." I replied nonchalantly, already peeking my limit of patience. "You should have done that earlier while you had the chance."

My statement made the maids flinch, hanging their head low in shame as they cleaned up my mess. I then curtsied before leaving. "I shall take my leave now, father, brothers, and sisters. Don't mind me and enjoy yours meals just like what you always do."

With that, I hurried my way outside, not wanting to be in the same space as them for long as my bit my lower lip. They disgust me, they dissapoint me, they'll be the death of me!

I'm totally frustrated. I really wanted to feed Aster the soup he forced me to eat! Or better yet, I should have throwed up at him! Or splash him the bowl of soup and forced the rotten bread into his mouth and adorn him with that tasteless salad!

I'm literally gonna turn into a murderer at this rate.

"Young miss, I shall prepare your bath." It surprised me to see Mary following behind me. She must have seen me walking out of the dining table looking all so messy and untidy.

Since I don't have the strength to talk to her or anything, I just nodded my head. I even looked cute today, but now I'm a mess. It makes me feel dissapointed all of a sudden when I promised myself not to be upset over these kind of things.

Still, I'm only human. I still have these emotions. And no matter how much I discard them, it really hurts.

Did the Marquess really even care earlier? Or did he just felt disgusted to see someone with his last name and own blood eating crap and throwing up?