CHAPTER SIX

___

To put it simply, I managed to adjust in a span of days. I decided to have a talk with the Marquess, which is my father, regarding my education. I cannot let this opportunity pass.

If I learn how to use my mana, it will be essential for me. Especially that I have such a huge amount, I may be able to cast stronger magic.

And so here I am, standing by the door of the Marquess' office. I'm currently trying to find my confidence while remembering what I should say. But before I can even hold the doorknob, someone scoffed from behind me.

"What are you doing here?" Rose asked, my older sister whose red eyes seems to be belittling me. "Don't you know you need to request an audience with father first before entering? Family is no exeption to this rule."

What she said is true. I almost forgot just how perfectionist this villain-like family is. But I'm not going to waste my time in having to act like a lady whom they can step on below their feet, so I chose to ignore her and knocked on the door.

"Hey! Did you just ignore me—"

"Father, it's me....Sampaguita." I called out, a bit awkward in saying out my name. There were a few seconds of silence before I heard his response telling me to come in.

Looking back to my sister who seems surprised how the Marquess allowed me to go in despite not requesting an audience early on, I gave her an eye-chanting smile that made her flinch.

Go rot with your thorns, Rose. I have no intentions of being the nice sibling here.

Walking inside the Marquess' room, I closed the door shut, savoring the look of displease from my sister. How I wish I can see how much her expression will crumble.

...well, I'm not totally a sadist. I just find it fun, okay?

"Greetings, father. I apologize for my sudden visit." I curtsied at him as graceful as I could. He didn't bother sparing me a glance, so I continued on. "I would like to have a word with you. Will you spare me a minute?"

That alone didn't suffice to get his attention, as I only heard him hum in response. I straightened my posture, striding towards his desk where he is currently reading and signing files and documents.

My diamond eyes stared at his work, then glanced at him. I waited and counted to atleast 5 or 10.

1....2.....3.....4....

He continued scribbling into the paper while his eyes shifted from another one to read out one file.

...5....6.....7....8

After signing one paper, he halted from reading the documents.

...9....10....

And there we go, he must have felt my intense stare, as if judging his soul and the entirety of his paperworks. He scooped away the papers and hid away his pen, before resting both his elbows on the table and crossing his fingers.

Both him and Lilac have the hobby of crossing their fingers.

The Marquess' stoic expression hardened as he spared me a glance. "What is it? Will that really only take a minute?"

I nodded my head. "Yes, that is, if you let me speak without butting in."

He squinted his eyes, but still urged me to continue on.

"I will be studying basic education. Be it knowledge for a simple noble lady like me, or the knowledge of how to learn using my mana effectively." I raised two fingers before he can react.